Sign in to follow this  
markdragonkungfu

Anime Miniatures by M&K Adventures

Hello Everyone - We are launching our Kickstarter tonight, April 20, 2015.  We hope you all can check it out!  It will feature Misaki the Fire Girl, and more minatures will be unlocked along the way.  Misaki turned out to be absolutely beautiful, and you can check out close up pics of her on our website.  http://www.mkadventures.com/

Thanks for everyone's support!  We have been working hard on this, and are ready with Production Metals in hand.  Yes, the pictures of the painted Misaki on our website are from the Production Molds...

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Sorry but $17+$10 to get a single mini to Europe (or any country outside the US) won't really attact a lot of European backers, I bet ...

Edited by Findariel
  • Like 2

Sorry but $17+$10 to get a single mini to Europe (or any country outside the US) won't really attact a lot of European backers, I bet ...

Yepp, was thinking the same. I can only hope it will be available somewhere in europe later.

Well, maybe if more miniatures unlocked. Which would, of course, be more likely if more people backed. Which for potential backers outside the US just isn't going to happen unless more miniatures unlock. And even then, they'd have to make people want to buy them...

Which is another issue. The Tami/Eldondale pics do nothing for me. Side-by-side, the image suggests there's a style mismatch (look at the relative size of the heads) and neither fig looks really good. I think Tami would look fine for a civilian with a better photo. With Eldondale, I'm pretty sure it'll take more; if the sculpt actually has a face, I'm pretty sure it needs a different paint job.

EDIT: Random extra thought: I think offering Misaki without the dragon as an add-on might see an increase in pledges. I'd be inclined to get both versions. If i were inclined to back. Which would require more miniatures so shipping hurts less, loop to top of post.

Edited by Arkady

I'd like her so much better without the open mouth. I haven't found a good way to paint those.

Good point. And the painted Tami on the campaign page likely won't look much better with a better pic after all, as she seems to suffer from that very problem.

The unpainted pics really need to go up on the Kickstarter page, they're a lot more tempting than that painted shot.

Congrats on making your $425 goal!

I would have the other two miniatures repainted, or just show the unpainted versions.

Looks like you're a one-man operation, so feel free to stay small. If you can't ship to Europe without harming the project, don't. You can always offer unlocked miniatures later in a future KS or retail.

Good luck!

• Like 3

I posted some unpainted pics of both Eldondale and Tami on our Kickstarter page.  I agree, the unpainted pics look better than the ones I painted.  I like to paint, but i need to level up really soon.  Thanks for the encouragement!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670874743/anime-miniatures-28mm-minis-for-painting-gaming-fa

Kickstarter Update :  We have decided to unlock Tami a little bit early, so she is now available as an add-on for $7.  She is a cute miniature and very fun to paint.

Next up we have our Second Stretch Goal, set at $1,000!  Voting is now open, so backers can vote between Kenziee and Eldondale.  We look forward to seeing which one will win this vote.

:bday: