FireElemental

Spring Exchange - Wood Elf King (02934)

I painted this mini for Kharsin for the Spring Exchange.

The druid's falcon reported something strange in the woods. When he went to check, he found a small kitty who started purring at him.

I forgot to take a shot from above to show the kitty. The kitty is one of Edna's (50235). This is probably the 3rd or 4th base I've done. I'm actually happy with it, unlike my other attempts. The top stone is the base the elf comes with. I used cork to give him some height. The moss was done using blister-foam. Grass is from Army painter. The base itself is the new Reaper 1" ones.

post-13159-0-51232600-1429588442_thumb.jpg

post-13159-0-99690700-1429588442_thumb.jpg

post-13159-0-86150000-1429588441_thumb.jpg

post-13159-0-59827200-1429588443_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Nice. Interesting to see him with bright colors for once - I personally painted mine like an old-school Tolkien illustration in darker browns and greens with a coppery metal meant to be ancient bronze so old it had verdigris on it. (I also gave mine a beard.)

Did you pin the hand with the bird on it? I had the hardest time trying to line it up right... (Of course, it was the first thing I'd ever tried pinning way back then, and didn't have an appropriate drill bit or pin vise.)

I love the angle you have it at - the bird looks like he's right in the middle of swooping in and landing. Love the colors on the bird as well - gives it a very magical look like it's some kind of spirit totem instead of a regular bird.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

This really is a beautiful piece and fits right in with all of the others in our display case. I love the cat as well as we're a cat family :) Thank you so much for this Fire Elemental! The King and his Critters have a happy place in our home! I'll try to get a top down shot once I blaze through everything else for ReaperCon and get to the pics part. I've got a very busy schedule that has no sign of letting up lately... Until the Con.... LOL!

• Like 1

Nice. Interesting to see him with bright colors for once - I personally painted mine like an old-school Tolkien illustration in darker browns and greens with a coppery metal meant to be ancient bronze so old it had verdigris on it. (I also gave mine a beard.)

Did you pin the hand with the bird on it? I had the hardest time trying to line it up right... (Of course, it was the first thing I'd ever tried pinning way back then, and didn't have an appropriate drill bit or pin vise.)

I love the angle you have it at - the bird looks like he's right in the middle of swooping in and landing. Love the colors on the bird as well - gives it a very magical look like it's some kind of spirit totem instead of a regular bird.

Thanks!

I glued and primed him over a year ago, so I don't remember if I pinned his arm, but I suspect I didn't, since I would have the same problem even with proper tools and probably remember it.

This really is a beautiful piece and fits right in with all of the others in our display case. I love the cat as well as we're a cat family :) Thank you so much for this Fire Elemental! The King and his Critters have a happy place in our home! I'll try to get a top down shot once I blaze through everything else for ReaperCon and get to the pics part. I've got a very busy schedule that has no sign of letting up lately... Until the Con.... LOL!

I'm glad you like it! No hurry on pics. And if you forget, not a big deal. Good luck on your ReaperCon entry!