77381: Dragons Don't Share 2014

evilcoatrack

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks great! Nathavarr suits being a black dragon. One minor critique would be that the fighter/paladin's armour looks very similar in shade to the stone of the terrain, and it kind of looks like he's growing out of the ruins in that 8th pic.

Yeah, it doesn't look that great in this picture.  I used metallic paints, so you can tell the difference more in person.  After deciding on a black dragon with gray highlights, I had to make the stone a few shades lighter than I might have otherwise, just so the dragon didn't look statuesque.  Looks like it was a little too close to the metallic I used for his plate mail. 

I had originally planned on doing the ruins in sandstone, but decided that gray stone would get used more often for terrain in most games where I'd need it.

• Like 4

I really like the contrasting colors of the dragon's head, with the dark grey scales, pink tongue and white eyes, teeth and horns. That pink tongue really brings attention to the face.  And I love the way you painted up the stones of the ruins and the surrounding ground - great attention to detail.

It was a really interesting choice to make the dragon the same color as the rocks.  Love it!  I imagine that when he's sleeping or hunting with his wings folded up and his belly to the ground, he's perfectly camouflaged.  But when he's on the attack, holy crap, those flashes of red must be scary!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Peithetairos
      Some may have seen it in the Facebook Group already, but I am working currently on a spelunking diorama that is a study in OSL. My first serious attempt at OSL it turned out to be a daunting and mindbending affair. I established the base colours and lighting via airbrush and then went back in with brush. Still a few things to fix, but it is getting there.

• By Iridil
      I've bought several Christmas minis over the years, but this is the first one I painted! He's such a cute fellow and I had fun with him, even if it was Dec 28th before he was done... 

• By Evilhalfling
      part one was opened in mid December, part 2 on Christmas morning. 
      I’ll build into a full diorama in January 
      Which I will then hide until next year

• By Grim
      I may end up doing a bunch of image dumps - I've painted a lot this year and maybe I should just post them in sets. 

This one, though, deserves its own post, I think.  I painted up the Green Dragon Hatchling from waaaay back in Bones 2, showed it to my wife, and she made some suggestions - so here you have it painted up as a Swamp Dragon from the Discworld, as kept by Lady Sybil of Ankh-Morpork.  I gave them a collar and name plate, and since they're a tame dragon, I gave them a few chew toys, including a Rolly Ball just like Rex of "Snake Discovery," as can be seen here:

https://www.twitch.tv/snakediscovery

Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome!

• By SotF
      I actually painted this shortly before the lockdowns started when the store had it and the D&D campaign I was in was running Lost Mines and we'd gotten to the beginning of the dragon encounter. So I'd painted it up and brought it in since the DM didn't have a green dragon of the right size and the sculpt actually looks a lot like the D&D Green Dragon if you remove the tail blades.

After running it, another friend wanted to borrow the mini for an adventure he was running right as lockdown started and I just got it back.

The big thing with it was the expirament with various stick on plastic jewels and if I could use gold and silver glitter with a large enough size to work for coins as a a workable basing material with some added wash ontop. I like the result there and it gives the feel of the dragons hoard that it might have been napping on when someone woke it up.