TheBeardedEagle

Third Miniature, Sea Lion

Hey Guys, 

Been a while since I've posted up a mini on the boards, been super busy at work with tax returns coming in and the weather getting nice in the midwest lol. Finally got around to finishing this Sea Lion, which my group is using as a stand-in for a Bunyip in our Pathfinder RPG. Tried out a few new things with this figure but ran into my typical problem of rushing and not thinning my paints down enough. Sadly painting at work gives me some sporadic start and stop times haha. Also I tried out using some Woodland Scenics Realistic Water, and Water Effects to give his base a shallow water vibe. Not sure if it turned out exactly how I had envision but it still looks cool to me. Hope you all enjoy :).

post-13842-0-00773500-1429893226.jpg

post-13842-0-76833200-1429893231.jpg

post-13842-0-95911300-1429893234.jpg

• Like 22

WOW, that is not what I was expecting when I read the title.

THIS IS EPIC! Nice job.

• Like 1

This is your third miniature EVER!? Wow, your learning curve is very impressive, as you did an excellent job.  Your basing, in particular is awesome.

• Like 2

Very very good, and not an easy mini to paint

Real nice. We are doing a sea campaign (almost finished) and my druid would have liked to have that as a companion.

Thank so much everyone, I appreciate all the kind words. Ive got a few more miniatures to go but I think they are steadily improving. Hopefully I can keep posting minis you like to check out  ::D:

Also, I think basing is my favorite part lol. I like creating a little scenery 

Edited by TheBeardedEagle
  • Like 2