BONES II Bagpiper gnome? 92904

robinh

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week I painted the Drys, Dryad, figure from the Bones II, Sylvan Creatures set. Since I was in kind of a Frostgrave frame of mind when I was thinking about painting her, I decided I would try to paint her up in winter colors, like a dryad that has been unexpectedly awoken from her Winter sleep, and is not happy about it.

Photos linked for nudity:

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3
    • By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's sea hag, part of the core set of the Reaper Bones II Kickstarter.

To begin with, I cleaned up  the flash some, scrubbed her with soap and warm water, and primed her with Reaper's Brown Liner.  When that had dried nicely I painted up her flesh with a pale sky blue and layered first a brick red color, then a pale yellow on her base for sand color.

• By Jessie
      I need to get busy this year, my numbers aren't keeping up with last year. So I decided to push myself this month and finish off all 30 of my skeletons in one month. They're only skeletons, right?

First step was gluing them to their reaper plastic bases, then milliputing the bases they come on to blend more evenly over the new bases. That took about 3 nights of work (I did some gnolls too so that once done I wouldn't have to do too many mass milliputs for a little while). I'm putting the first coat down on the bases now, en masse. Sometimes I have trouble getting color to cover the greenish of the milliput so I like to do two coats and am getting that going. Anyways, I know skeletons are probably boring, but thanks for reading!

• By Chris Palmer
      I just completed the Alistrilee, female elf archer, figure from the Bones II Core Set.  I had actually put this figure in my Bones "out" box when I first sorted my Kickstarter. But since I have been bitten by the Frostgrave bug recently, and needed to boost my warband recruits, I pawed through the "out" box to look for suitable candidates who look attired for winter adventuring.  I had culled this figure originally as it is rather plain and lacks a dynamic pose, and I already had a selection of elf archers from Bones I, but her hood and cape made her perfect for exploring the ruins of Felstad.

And for those of you who like a close-up to see the details:

I'm really pleased with how this figure turned out, and in the end I'm glad she was rescued, as I think this figure has a lot of subtle grace to it, that I missed on first passing.

For the complete painting write-up, please see my blog: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2015/09/alistrilee-elf-archer-bones-ii-figure.html
    • By Werewolvians
      I have trouble with bigger "miniatures". Maybe its impatience, or that fact that I can't hold them very well to get good details. Anyway, this guy came out ok.