Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

Recommend a Miniature: Diana the Acrobat

So, I'm working on the Dungeons & Dragons Animated Series characters, and I'm at a loss for Diana the Acrobat. I've got the rest, minus Dungeon Master and Venger, but I already have some ideas as to what I need to order for those two.

And, yes, I know Impact! makes chibi D&DtAS minis. Those aren't what I'm looking for.

I looked at Zala this morning, and she's pretty much the closest Reaper has to offer, and would require the least conversion.

I also found a couple Hasslefree minis that may work, but they were both topless, and my conversion skills aren't so great.

First, I hope you considered Nightslip for Sheila.  She's about perfect.

I guess the bigger question is, are you looking more for a girl in a fur bikini, or something that can represent an acrobat that would be close to Diana.  Are you going to consider a head swap to account for racial differences, etc.

How close do you want the mini?

Here a bunch that could work as close, but would need some work in one way or another.

Shensen

Isabella Locke

Trinia Sabor

Harrower

Farrah, Scifi Heroine is probably one of my favorites, not a perfect match, since she lacks the furry bikini, but overall, I think it might work.

Cleo Greene could work if you feel comfortable adding a layer of green stuff to her top and bottom and adding in the fur texture.  Not terribly difficult to sculpt.

Esmeria

Ahlissa of the Blade

Marda of the Blade will take a bit of work to remove the shield and scabbard.

Lorna the Huntress

Lathula just swap the sword for a staff.

Kiakara would just need a head and weapon swap.  Body works almost perfectly.

Marda of the Blade scabbard removal.

First, I hope you considered Nightslip for Sheila.  She's about perfect.

Nope. Hasslefree's Lenore for Sheila, Enigma's Gavin for Hank (who's just a little out of scale for the rest), and I've got three BONES 2 figures picked out for Bobby (who needs a weapon swap), Presto (who needs a Milliput hat), and Eric.

I'm going with a more "grown-up" version of each character.

EDIT: I'm leaning towards Hasslefree's Boudi, and just lopping the head off her spear and adding more staff...thoughts?

Check out some of the Ral Partha minis from the old Larry Elmore Silver & Steel sets, there's a couple of fur bikini types in there that might work with a weaponswap to a staff. Maybe a bit on the small side, though. Some of the Darksword minis might work as well - I'd suggest the female warrior from Journey To The Gathering, but the hair's not the right texture and she has a sword scabbard attached to her leg that would need removal.

Edited by Mad Jack

Zala is cool. The best option is the wrong scale. The bit for the 54mm vignette of the jungle queen and cat. She's even in acrobat pose.

Edited by rgtriplec