Sign in to follow this  
Silvervane

DSM7304 - FEMALE MAGE WITH STAFF

I watched your WIP on this one and I love your color choices. The teal looks suburb with excellent blending. I love her hair and skin too. I will be looking for this one and the Con, and of course I hope to meet you too.

• Like 2

Looks fantastic!  I was watching your WIP on this one too.  It reminds me of how much detail we keep in our mind's eye for these projects in this hobby.  Your final product turned out awesome!  I particularly enjoy the deeper purplish blues and their contrast with the lighter blues that you have highlighted so well to a white.  The face and hair came out very well and you have a very good "fair" skin tone.  When I try for a fair skin tone, it often turns out chalky.

What were your paint formulas for the red-orange hair?  

Edited by Arydis
  • Like 1

Looks fantastic! I was watching your WIP on this one too. It reminds me of how much detail we keep in our mind's eye for these projects in this hobby. Your final product turned out awesome! I particularly enjoy the deeper purplish blues and their contrast with the lighter blues that you have highlighted so well to a white. The face and hair came out very well and you have a very good "fair" skin tone. When I try for a fair skin tone, it often turns out chalky.

What were your paint formulas for the red-orange hair?

For the hair I used RMS red hair triad w/ a highlight higher using RMS sun yellow.

As for chalky paint use less paint on your brush and maybe a little matt medium. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

So shiny and bright!  She looks like a painted illustration, reminding me of one of those masters of the brilliance of gouache and watercolor.

• Like 2

I thought I'd post one of my RCon entry.  Here is Darksword Miniature's Female Mage with a staff.

Also remember to enter her into the DSM contest, they are running one that gives winners some store credit!

• Like 1

Great work on a lovely model, how did you make the base?

Doh, completely forgot to post that in my wip. I used a cork from a wine bottle. Scrapped the edges to break up the uniformity. Then glued down tuft of grass followed by some sand. Paint to color.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this