Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

RBG0301 - Helsvakt Horde

These are REALLY good, Jay!

I definitely love the new (and improved) skin tones you achieved, you made them much more gritty and realistic as befitting my fellow barbarians!

Also, very well done are the dirty and old metals that you pulled off with their weapons and such.

Overall, it's a complete win and you have leveled up!

• Like 1

definitly a level up!    Now you need to stretch your brush skills on the next set and start painting things with itsy bisty tiny eyes!

The skin tones worked out great and I will have to copy some from you WIP soon.

:devil:

• Like 2

definitly a level up!    Now you need to stretch your brush skills on the next set and start painting things with itsy bisty tiny eyes!

Thanks robinh;

Gee, maybe that is why I bought a 0000 windsor newton brush yesterday..LOL.

Nothing I had would get to those eyes on these miniatures.

Glad you liked the skin tones, this whole set has been a discovery adventure.

Doing things different, but keeping a harmony.

Your input is great appreciated !

• Like 4

Thanks robinh;

A 4/0 WN brush!   How many hairs does that thing have on it.  I have the 0 minature brush and I can barley see it as is.

• Like 3

Wow, these are awesome.  I love the dinged-up shields.  And their skin looks good and unwashed -- you can practically smell them.

I'm afraid I wasn't following your WIP for these, but I'm going to go have a look.  It looks like you did a whole lot more learning and advancing.

• Like 3

Wow, these are awesome.  I love the dinged-up shields.  And their skin looks good and unwashed -- you can practically smell them.

I'm afraid I wasn't following your WIP for these, but I'm going to go have a look.  It looks like you did a whole lot more learning and advancing.

Thanks Pingo.. Loved your "practically smell them".

Learning, Hmmmmm.

On these I learned how to pin things together, used green stuff for the first time, learned to RE-glue,

and started using glazing, and washes, and to bring tones, and develop shadowing.  Graduated color

with shadow was a lot of fun.  So much to do on these.  I'm indebted to a lot of folks for their

assistance, and cheering me on !

• Like 3

Thanks robinh;

A 4/0 WN brush!   How many hairs does that thing have on it.  I have the 0 minature brush and I can barley see it as is.

ROFL, The brush IS small, but it is the only way I could possibly attempt to paint those small eyes in

this scale miniature !  I was shocked to find it !  If it wasn't for my opti-visor I would be unable to even

attempt to paint this small a miniature ! 

• Like 2

Anyway, this is going to take some time to do, so this won't be a week in turn around

to completion - that is for sure !

I found this quote at the start of the WIP thread amusingly ironic.

• Like 3

Anyway, this is going to take some time to do, so this won't be a week in turn around

to completion - that is for sure !

I found this quote at the start of the WIP thread amusingly ironic.

Wow, LOL !!

I guess I was a bit driven by the sheer number of the mini's to get them painted !

Now that I think about it, I really didn't do much last week except paint the Horde !

Thanks for pointing that out Pingo .

• Like 3