MUN GUN LOW, BLACK MOON CAPTAIN

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nameless
      I painted this GW's Lord of Plagues as a hero for my Swampstalkers. He is now the Swamp Drinker, one of the Reapers  (the unit I showed recently).

And this Morphus from the (unfortunately) defunct Enigma Models was actually painted few years ago. I found him in my display cabinet and though he would make for a nice Swamp Hunter, another hero for my army.  So, here he is, with just a new base 

• By bailey03
      This past weekend I started painting Brom, the 54mm scale dwarf from Enigma. The sculpt has got a mix of equipment and, to be honest, I'm not even sure what all of it is. It gives him a lot of character, but presents some challenges with the painting. I've been putting a lot of thought into how I want to approach the piece and finally decided to pick a color scheme and let that tie the figure together.

I started with the face. Considering most of it is hidden by the hair, the beard feels almost as important as the rest of the face.  I used a mix of Reaper's Ruddy Leather, Secret Weapon's Orange Rust, and Reaper's Burnt Orange and Fair Skin Highlight.  I find the light skin tones are nice for highlighting hair, I'd do the same with brown hair.  For the blood stained cloth on his head, I used a mix of Carnage Red and Walnut Brown.  I wanted it to be darker near the center, so more brown, and the moving to pure red near the boundaries.  I applied the red as a glaze over the white cloth to give it the right look.  Instead of using the well palette that I'd normally turn to for glazes, I ended up mixing them directly on my wet palette.  Normally that produces a mess, but I used a bit of paint and then added a bunch of matte medium (plus a little water).  The matte medium is thick, so it creates the right transparency without causing the glaze to flow all over the palette.  Then I then it down slightly with water for a consistency that's easier to paint with.  The effect is the same as a regular glaze, but since it's on the wet palette it's easier for me to mix paints and create different colored glazes.  It's also easy to vary the consistency/transparency by changing up the ratio of matte medium and paint.  So I can quickly make a section more opaque and another more transparent.  Not something I do for all glazes, for in situations like this it's a nice option to have in my tool kit.

And here's the full figure.  Still a lot left to paint!

• By Hyjynx
      Here is my first mini I've ever done. 32mm metal Fiama from Enigma. Learned a lot from painting it. Still need to learn to enhance the contrasts and work on washes, etc. Any advice is welcome.

• By 72moonglum
      So I just got done painting four older figures that Jim Johnson sculpted back in the 90's, and I've really always liked his work.  He's an extremely prolific but I think underrated sculptor, who does beautiful work and has a very distinct style.  My question is, does anybody know anything about him?  You can usually dig up a little bit of information on sculptors on the internet when you're curious, like Tom Meier, Dennis Mize, Sandra Garrity, Julie Guthrie, but I haven't been able to find anything about Jim Johnson. I don't know if it's because his name is so common or if there's just not a bunch of information out there lauding his sculpting abilities.  Anybody know anything or have any information?  I'm just kind of curious....
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Started a new barbarian (of course), this is the one I got from Catacombs. He made his way towards the front of the queue pretty quickly after I received him.

His name is Torgils the Black Wolf

More pics later!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)