Sign in to follow this  
rook103

Who is ready for another Reaper Kickstarter?

And here I am, already needing to buy a bigger display case to house the Bones II minis... But, assuming nothing drastic changes related to my work, I'll have Bones II done by the time Bones III ships.

I am impressed, seriously.

I work in a call center for 10 hour shifts, and am very good at multitasking as well as being inordinately fidgetty... I cleared out my mini back-log and had to buy more while waiting for Bones II to ship (full disclosure - I did not get to participate in Bones I, and I did not get everything from Bones II, but I got more than I probably needed...). I'm not a master painter by any means, so I can knock out a mini or two per shift, depending on call volume. It takes longer for the big ones, but only about a week for the dragon from DDS. Currently done with base layers for the minotaur demon lord, will be working on some other stuff, but I figure there's a very good chance that I'll be more than done in a year and a half, as a general estimate of how long it'll take the next one to arrive at my door... 

• Like 12

Might try converting those new huge frost giants to fire giants. I got plenty of viking toys, but not many dwarfy ones in platemail.  

I work in a call center for 10 hour shifts, and am very good at multitasking as well as being inordinately fidgetty... 

"Don't get so fidgety!"

:lol:

• Like 1

I am hoping this one has more thematic add ons and less random stuff mashed together as expansions. I think my big regret from KS2 was getting sucked into the expansions cause i wanted just one or two of the figures... This time I won't make that mistake!

I would love a "monsters only" or "big figure only" set option... Really don't need any more humanoids that are not gianty, were-people or otherwise monstrous/different - basically i would be into anything except core races that is in the pathfinder advanced race guide.

Did I mention? Please... Please please gimme some Tengus (bird people!) - so hard to find a decent scupt for tengu characters.

Really what is going to put a damper on this for me is the super low Canadian dollar and the high shipping costs.... And then duty to boot... Wish reaper would at least consider doing a reduced cost shipping - given that US buyers get it free... With current shipping costs it just makes it so the large figures are not really a deal for non-US buyers. Like i want that fiveheaded dragon but not if she bumps my shipping up by 40 dollars

• Like 4

Is there something wrong with me that one of the items I'm most looking forward too is that cart filled with pumpkins?

But what will be pulling that cart? That's what I want to know .

borrowing horror.

Borrowing horror? Is that like when your kid keeps asking you for money? :lol:

I think the Borrowing Horror might be related to the Loaned Shark.

The borrowing horror is that player that never has their own mini and keeps rubbing the paint off the one I lend them.

Their punishment, 10000 years towing ms bones' pumpkin cart!

(Also spell check does weird things on my phone)

• Like 5

*meep!*

Bert, Tom and Bill in Bones!

Now there's some frost giants I like!

All the others!

TIOMATT...

*thud*

• Like 6

This is still a very sizable collection, but we know that what we see here is merely the tip of the iceberg.  While I will still proclaim they need a fat dragon in their collection, I'm pretty satisfied with what they have now.  Even if the ones I'm seeing here are the only ones I like in the kickstarter, I'll still fund whole heartedly.

• Like 3

Miniature Market is getting the Bones II figures in -- and the terrain has *already* sold out!

So there's your money, Reaper. I'm thinking Reaper can have a foothold into the sf miniatures market or miniatures wargaming market with terrain.

• Like 6

Well, no Dragon Scale Coins for me. And I wish I'd have known and seen pics before GNL Mats had finished. I went a bit overboard on that one.

• Like 1

I was wondering about what looked like a "not-a-Dalek" until I realized it was an iron maiden seen from behind.

I recall an iron maiden conversation recently ...

The Dalek thought hadn't even occurred to me until now (maybe subconsciously).  Those bumps are the external studs for the spikes.

Yes, thanks go to you guys for helping me decide to make the Maiden. 

Found some pics of Julie holding the dragon, might provide a sense of scale.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

EeeeeEEEEEeeeee! (swoons)

I've now sat next to her at the past two ReaperCons and still get a bit Fan-boy about it.  Julie and Bob are amazing people.

• Like 11

I'm hoping for a Kyra and Lavarath still...

You should have tried out the survival speed paint! That's what I won!! ( not one in bones though, obviously)

• Like 5