Sign in to follow this  
hungerfan

2015 Reapercon In Review

We had a fantastic time. I have to say, when the Hubs changes his mind about something, it's remarkable. When we went, he wasn't optimistic about having a good time since I was in classes all day most days (took 8 and they were FANTASTIC. wouldn't change it for the world). But, he got in some 5th ed, which we hadn't tried yet (and now he's running it at home), and decided next year he'd like to take a sculpting class or two.

I plan on trying to sign up for at least one Bones conversion class.  "The Husbands" should all get together and try to make each other cringe with the abominations we can make from it.

So a quilting Party but with bones??

:P 

• Like 4

I plan on trying to sign up for at least one Bones conversion class.  "The Husbands" should all get together and try to make each other cringe with the abominations we can make from it.

So... Conversions After Dark?

• Like 6

If I go next year (and I hope too as it may be my only painting competition fix), I will stick with my 2 classes a day with a break in between, take some sculpting classes, hopefully a bones conversion class as I have only heard how fun it was, and plan better what to bring to paint. Also, paint more in the open area with folks I don't know.

I had a great time at ReaperCon.  We were happy with how our games turned out though it seemed that less people were playing miniature games than previous cons.  Perhaps next year we will on do 1 or 2 games and run them in the evening/later in the day.  One way or the other, we will figure it out.

I did get a chance for a few classes and all of them offered me insight to the hobby.  In particular, I appreciate the work Wren put into the transparent cloth class.  By far, it had the most take away for me both in instruction and handouts.

The banquets and BBQ's that Reaper put on were fun and offered some great company.  Beyond this, Reaper is VERY generous in the swag they offered for these events.  Thanks again for everything.

Overall, ReaperCon is a strange animal when compared to other conventions.  It is more relaxed and focused more on the hobby instead of they games.  I appreciate the opportunity to speak with my favourite sculptors and painters.  It inspires me to aim higher in the quality of my hobby.

• Like 5

ReaperCon is definitely unique. In the early years games were a complete after thought. You would have things like the traditional Settlers of Catan game Friday evening and maybe a couple of role-playing events. I enjoy this show quite a bit, I get to focus on one aspect of my hobby and not be distracted by anything else.

• Like 1