Sign in to follow this  
hungerfan

2015 Reapercon In Review

Siri is Patient Zero!   :zombie:

We are actually blaming Aaron Lovejoy who was sick on the plane coming out.

• Like 10

Siri is Patient Zero!   :zombie:

We are actually blaming Aaron Lovejoy who was sick on the plane coming out.

Yes, see? I only got there Friday. Blame someone there from the start!  ::P:

• Like 5

Hmm I was around Mr. Lovejoy a bit more than Siri.  So far so good.  I feel a bit off BUT nothing a few shots of espresso can not handle.

ReaperCon 2015 in review.

My goals before the con started were to find a good balance between taking advantage of classes offered, shopping the vendors, and socializing.

did I accomplish this goal? Yes and no.... There were so many great sculpting classes available, it was very difficult to pass any one of them up. So I ended up in more classes than I really should have taken. But they were all very good to excellent and they provided tips, techniques, and the courage to practice on my own. So classes were successful. Originally my plan was to take one class and one game a day. But I blew that up and took 2 classes a day. So I didn't end up at the gaming tables at all.  Which is a shame. I'm not going to make that mistake again. My wife was with me for the full 4 days of the Con plus the Meet n Greet on Wednesday. Having her there was a real treat, getting to share my mini geekapaloza with my best friend was amazing. My kids joined us Friday night (15 & 13 year old girls). They like to game but aren't all that interested in minis or painting. They took a few classes and endured the con with few complaints.

They did really enjoy the Grand Prix, and shopping the Reaper booth. Their favorite class was Making a Spooky Tree with Julie Guthrie. But having them there severely impaired our options to plug into social events like late night games.   I will be offering ride shares at future RCons. It was a fantastic way to socialize with new folks.

Next year, 1 game and 1 class each day. Then some after hours games too.  Ride sharing a must. Next year, I may re-evaluate bringing the kids.  We will see.

This year was an excellent show!  I have great memories stored away to keep me cozy until next year.  :)

I still feel guilty that I wasn't able to sit with you and work on your mini.  I looked for you on Sunday, but couldn't find you.   The Crud really put a damper on how much I got done this year.

It was a particularly bad year for the pestilence and plague. Many of the artists and staff have failed their constitution saves and are downed with the concrud.

This hasn't happened for a few years.

I'm still sick.  Had to stay home from work and sleep today.  I think I came with one bug and left with another.  I'm fairly certain that we had at least four different cold/flu bugs flying around this year.

My apologies to anyone who got the one I brought.

• Like 4

Don't sweat it Andy, I forgot that I had a second class on Sunday....  thus, too many classes....  

or RCon just isn't long enough.  Yup, RCon is too short.

• Like 3

YEAH for no ConCrud!!!

then again, I have great resistances to the flu & other illnesses.

Get better everyone that does have CC....

• Like 6

This is the first year I've caught the crud. I feel a bit better today than I did yesterday, but I still feel pretty awful and I can barely talk.

Classes were amazing. I think the key to classes is that less is more. I took 5 this year. Next year I'll pare that down even further.

I absolutely enjoyed seeing everyone; artists and attendees. Hopefully I wasn't too annoying. I'm a bit peopled out right now though.

• Like 7

I have officially contracted THE CRUD......I thank all of you for sharing this with me as I now have quite a bit of grossness coming out of every orifice....

My condolences.

That's bordering on TMI, though. :zombie:

You get a constitution check! And you get a constitution check! EVERYBODY gets a constitution check!

And apparently almost everyone blew it.

you guys were fun! I enjoyed taking the Colossal Skeleton conversion class with you.  I sat next to your wife and had the 4 arm conversion.  Glad you both had a good time.  :D

I was in that class, too! You guys were indeed a lot of fun; your creations were pretty cool, too.

• Like 3

How does one even take care of a sick five headed dragon?

Very carefully.

I got to hang out with Siri at least a little bit and I'm fine, I think you're all just imagining things. ::P:

Yeah but you're Chaoswolf.  That comes with bonus perks against sickness.  Nurgle and whatnot.

Some of us are just mere mortals!

Well, there is that. :devil:

• Like 2

Anyone have pictures of Ladystorm in her Brűnnhilde costume?

Funnily enough, even though I didn't attend the con, I know where to get a pic of that... :ph34r:

• Like 5

This is the first year I've caught the crud. I feel a bit better today than I did yesterday, but I still feel pretty awful and I can barely talk.

Classes were amazing. I think the key to classes is that less is more. I took 5 this year. Next year I'll pare that down even further.

I absolutely enjoyed seeing everyone; artists and attendees. Hopefully I wasn't too annoying. I'm a bit peopled out right now though.

You annoying? HA! You were all mellow and chill.

Anyone have pictures of Ladystorm in her Brűnnhilde costume?

Doc has a shot. I was watching him take the picture. I should have done the same.

• Like 3