2015 Reapercon In Review

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since all I will be doing is coming out tomorrow to enjoy the auction and say goodbye for now I wanted to post my thoughts on everything I did.   THE CLASSES: Beginner Blending with Brice Cocanour

I picked mine up the Monday just before the con. Felt like just a pretty run-of-the-mill cold, with more throat tickling/soreness than usual (most likely due to my refusal to tone down my excitement l

So if I understand things correctly, plenty of people got sick once they flew home. And this was due to some sort of contamination during the convention.   You know what this means? FLIGHT OF THE CO

Posted Images

Four days in and I can at least open my eyes again. I said flubber yesterday and just stayed in bed and slept/recovered. I think that helped me a lot. I should be better by mothers day.

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 4

Well the good thing about getting sick is that I get to stay home and paint!!!!

That's the way to look at the bright side!

Other than the general exhaustion from staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning the whole time, no crud here. This however has not facilitated my unpacking.

I have only unpacked enough to do show and tell with my family, at least 50% of the stuff is still in my bag.

• Like 2

Well the good thing about getting sick is that I get to stay home and paint!!!!

That's the way to look at the bright side!

Other than the general exhaustion from staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning the whole time, no crud here. This however has not facilitated my unpacking.

I have only unpacked enough to do show and tell with my family, at least 50% of the stuff is still in my bag.

Is that the 50% that you aren't telling your family about?

• Like 4

Need some hand sanitizer and Lysol spray in the swag bags next year.

Maybe that is what has helped me a bit.  I carry a small bottle in me right pocket and use it after touching things others have handled or even before I handle them at times.  When shaking hands I try not to pull the bottle out and use it right then in front of the person.

• Like 6

Need some hand sanitizer and Lysol spray in the swag bags next year.

Maybe that is what has helped me a bit.  I carry a small bottle in me right pocket and use it after touching things others have handled or even before I handle them at times.  When shaking hands I try not to pull the bottle out and use it right then in front of the person.

Those little bottles don't help against airborne viruses, but I can see them helping if you shake hands a lot and that person has been sneezing/coughing into their hands and haven't washed very much.

• Like 2

See, every morning I had large amounts of fruit for breakfast, walked around with antibacterial stuff and kept my hands washed frequently. I made it til Monday night before I came down with something and the Mr lasted til about Saturday night.

• Like 2

You can blame the mister for your illness. XD

Surprisingly mine is a different strain than his. He's lost his voice, sore throat, coughing, runny nose, weakness while mine is body aches, light sensitivity, sneezing, congestion, fever, sweats and weakness.

Basically my throat is fine. No kissing for him!

• Like 2

Maybe not staying at the hotel saved me.  No clue.  I felt a little off yesterday but that was after I found out my friend up here at the office was not coming in due to strep throat.  My brain started going "hey you went to lunch with him. hey you were over at his desk working on a problem.  hey you touched his coffee cup (but did not drink from it)."  Today I feel great so yeah it was all in my head.

• Like 1