So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Loim

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I got to meet so many new people, and re-meet a lot of the ones I have met before. I'm starting to be able to consistently connect faces to forum names. Real names are still a bit spotty.

• Like 5

I dunno what it is. Denver International always stops me due to "irregular metal" in my luggage, and I pull out the baggie of scrap pewter and have to explain myself. The word "Warhammer" has saved me at least once.

On the way back, the Dallas authorities do not give a rat's bahonkus. They wave me through in minutes, regardless of WHAT kind of crazy stuff I'm bringin' home...

• Like 5

Soooooo tired. Now dealing with flight delays. Hope to get home soon.

TSA was pretty interested in the box that completely blocked their xray machine ::):

What is this box you speak of and how does one procure it? Reasons...

• Like 1

We've left our sharp pointy (or slashy) bits at home on account of not wanting to risk our checked baggage ticking off the TSA, but... I accidentally made it through Dallas security with a half-full bottle of water in the carryon. Maybe I shouldn't be so paranoid.

Nobody stopped us on account of minis, at least! We bought a lot of plastic and resin, though, and less metal.

• Like 1

I'd like to throw out a huge massive thank you and virtual hug to everyone (yes, even our favorite hug fearing barbarian) for making this years con an event I'll remember fondly for a good long time. You guys rock!! I felt very welcome right from the word go.

As an aside, I also used the con as an opportunity to quit smoking; my last ciggie was Friday.

• Like 14