Sign in to follow this  
Ludo

So who is excited about ReaperCon 2016?

Turns out there was an error with the hotel, so ReaperCon and the MMSI Chicago Show ARE in fact the same weekend. Depending on the dates, maybe I'll be back for RCon in 2017.

(moved the discussion over here, since it belongs better here than in the cosplay thread)

To be fair, reapercon is really one of the least expensive cons that i've ever been to....so it's a good candidate.

This is true, it's primarily the plane tickets, really. Our local airport is quite small, so ANY flight out of it is super pricey. The next closest one is a two-hour drive away in Spokane, and then I'd have to pay for long-term car storage there, or else find somebody willing to take 4 hours out of their day, twice, to drive me there and pick me up again. I suppose I could look into whether Super Shuttle services our area. There's also the hotel room, which, granted, will be mitigated some by having roommates, but will still be a few hundred dollars. Plus food, plus fun money...it adds up.  :unsure:

Huzzah!
--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

(moved the discussion over here, since it belongs better here than in the cosplay thread)

To be fair, reapercon is really one of the least expensive cons that i've ever been to....so it's a good candidate.

This is true, it's primarily the plane tickets, really. Our local airport is quite small, so ANY flight out of it is super pricey. The next closest one is a two-hour drive away in Spokane, and then I'd have to pay for long-term car storage there, or else find somebody willing to take 4 hours out of their day, twice, to drive me there and pick me up again. I suppose I could look into whether Super Shuttle services our area. There's also the hotel room, which, granted, will be mitigated some by having roommates, but will still be a few hundred dollars. Plus food, plus fun money...it adds up.  :unsure:

Huzzah!

In regards to Super Shuttle, Spokane Airport is not one of their locations. Wish it was, it would have made some past trips up there a lot easier.

• Like 2

Huzzah!

Noooooooooooooo come to ReaperCon T^T It sounds like you just need to be friends with a pilot up there. :;):

Really though, I do hope it works out in a good way for everyone to get here without stressing out other parts of life.

(I am incredibly lucky that I found a hobby where the con is in my home state.)

• Like 5

+1 (even better that it is 30-40 min away from home)

OneBoot, when is your birthday?!  I like giving gifts!  I would be more than happy to take care of your food packages for the event...assuming they do those again.

• Like 9

I should really start working on my entries sometime soon, shouldn't I?

• Like 5

I should really start working on my entries sometime soon, shouldn't I?

Yes!

Me too! It looks like with the home being 5 months out, that I'll be able to go and not have to worry about the moving in overlapping with the Con.

• Like 7

+1 (even better that it is 30-40 min away from home)

OneBoot, when is your birthday?!  I like giving gifts!  I would be more than happy to take care of your food packages for the event...assuming they do those again.

will happily drive the 4-5 hours north from San Antonio for Rcon!

• Like 2

I've always wanted to join a real tabletop rpg :wub: 

GASP and I'll be in my Morihalda gear at the same time! Real life rp for a game!

• Like 6

Then hit the linky and make your voice heard. What tabletop rpg would you like me to use for the official RC2016 rpg events?

• Like 1

Then hit the linky and make your voice heard. What tabletop rpg would you like me to use for the official RC2016 rpg events?

I did read through it, but I didn't say anything because I didn't feel it was right to have an opinion on something I've never experienced ::P:

I did read through it, but I didn't say anything because I didn't feel it was right to have an opinion on something I've never experienced ::P:

Actually you do. Is there a particular tabletop rpg you've heard or read about that seems like a fun fit for you? Have a look at any of the rpgs I mentioned and snoop around a little (if you have the time and interest) and vote away. If not and you just want to sit down, roll some dice, have some laughs and shed some tears then no worries, you'll be in good company. ReaperCon attracts some of the nicest gamers to my table and I have many, many returnees who haven't missed one of my events since I started running them back in 2012.

All of my games run (more or less) the same. You describe what you want your character to do, dice are rolled, and we see how it turns out and I do grade on the curve so effort and enthusiasm are factors. Rule 0: Have fun!

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 7

I've narrowed my games that I'm running this year to the following:

Pathfinder (Goblin games will be PFS if the players want it too be, thou if that happens then, the  4 pregens will be the only characters available)

We Be Goblins!

We Be Goblins Too!

We Be Goblins Free!

We Before Goblins (not released yet but enough time to learn the adventure & plan things out for it)

Revenge of the Kobold King.

D&D 5th edition

Death House

Ravenloft "Night of the Walking Dead" (Conversion of the original 2nd edition module of the same name, with a few twists of my own for good measure!!)

I seriously had thought about Savage Worlds "Chickens in the Mist" but this was before I bought Curse of Strahd in March & it renewed my interest in Ravenloft. So looking forward to running everything over the 4 days of the Con, even thou it's quite a few games. ReaperCon is the only time in the year I get to GM at a table so I'm willing to put the effort into running things.

• Like 3