So who is excited about ReaperCon 2016?

Ludo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With tax and all our SWA flight was $330 for two ppl from Georgia. Coming in Weds and leaving Monday. Some might want to see if staying an extra night might be more cost effective than leaving on Sunday.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 6

It's been a while since I've said it... I AM SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU PEOPLE!!! ::D: If it turns out that there's nothing official(ish) going on for the Wednesday evening, I'm sure we can set something up amongst ourselves. I'll probably be up for something fun that night as long as it leaves room for me to go to bed at a reasonable hour. (Being old and all. :lol: )

• Like 9

Oh I know Weds is the early night of the Con for me. Getting up early to catch the flight out & such. Thou if I can get that AA flight I won't have to this time around. Flight leaves around 8, so 6 am is a nice start to the day. Usually it's like 4 or so. I'll save that for when I leave.

• Like 2

Sorry, can't like that one, Ub3r.

Why not? If you aren't getting a refund it's most likely due to making over the bracket of income in which you get one.

This will most likely be the first year Todd and I don't get a refund and I can't honestly complain. We have joint income, no kids and both got better jobs last year. I have more money each month for buying stuff like minis or going to RCon.

All true, but he said there was the possibility of him owing the feds; that's the part I didn't like.

Back on topic; is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

• Like 5

First year to attend ReaperCon and my first post on these forums. I've booked a room for my wife and I but don't see where tickets are available. Casual reading of this long thread suggests that tickets go on sale a month or 3 before the Con...?

Any veterans of the convention care to share what we should expect?

Thanks for your time!

J--

• Like 3

Tickets won't go on sale for a few months is my best guess.

What to expect:The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

No seriously, it's a blast, more like a family reunion than a convention. Except you like them more. Painters, gamers, and general weirdos all having a blast together.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 9

First year to attend ReaperCon and my first post on these forums. I've booked a room for my wife and I but don't see where tickets are available. Casual reading of this long thread suggests that tickets go on sale a month or 3 before the Con...?

Any veterans of the convention care to share what we should expect?

Thanks for your time!

J--

Join their reaper and reapercon specific Facebook pages. They post updates there. It is also usually posted here. And I believe there is a twitter as well.

• Like 4

Still too early to figure out my flight as I'm not 100% if I will be able to go this year.  I have a hotel room booked but I will have to travel solo.  If I do go, I will do my normal Wednesday to Monday trip as I like the both the meet and great as well as a relaxing dinner on the Sunday.  

However, with Brad not going and not knowing Dan's schedule yet, it will be hard to organize any games.  It was also really tough to get people to the sessions we ran last year.

Decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

Still too early to figure out my flight as I'm not 100% if I will be able to go this year.  I have a hotel room booked but I will have to travel solo.  If I do go, I will do my normal Wednesday to Monday trip as I like the both the meet and great as well as a relaxing dinner on the Sunday.  

However, with Brad not going and not knowing Dan's schedule yet, it will be hard to organize any games.  It was also really tough to get people to the sessions we ran last year.

Decisions, decisions!

Awww.

Rocket Grapple Arena was awesome.

• Like 1

Well heck....

Out of curiosity I checked SW this morning. Knowing they fly into Love I don't check them as much as I should but the flight I'd like is only $168. Flight leaves at 740 am & arrives at 1:45 pm, stop over in Denver. Basically what my flight usually is coming into ReaperCon, just at a different airport.

Nonstop on American is around the same price but I'm thinkin of the upgrade to give me "free" bag & boarding priority. That one leaves around the same time but gets in at 1130 am..

Seriously thinking of cominh down with a 2nd bag to hold the extra rpg stuff I'm adding to my games. So the SW flight would be ideal. Still getting in early & my first non-stop to RCon is tempting. I'm coming home on Delta so I'll be paying for the bags on the way back.

Again, decisions, decisions decisions!!

• Like 2