May all your painting goals be met in the Resolutionary challenge

A new month and time to paint some new minis

Here is my placeholder

1. Dwarf with Hammer
  2. Two Hobgoblins
  3. Three Saprolings
  4. Female Druid

buckyball

Practice my blending and check contrasts from classes learned at Reapercon.

1)

2)

3) hopefully up to 3 finish this month.

1. finish Bones started at the con

2. Memorial Day weekend paint binge! 

3. ?

This month is pretty busy and I have to concentrate on getting the garden in before it is too hot. 

1. Silver dragon

2. crawling dwarf mount 

3. Red Wyrmling 

?????

the first 3 are in various stages of painting. 

Edited by Evilhalfling

1) Finish up a couple of bones bugbears

2) Paint one of my small dragons

3) Paint up some critters.  Spiders, rats, scarabs, etc.

Future note: please don't post the next month without asking me first. I was at Reapercon, while my counts, numbers, and themes were all back home.

Future note: please don't post the next month without asking me first. I was at Reapercon, while my counts, numbers, and themes were all back home.

Maybe a mod could move some posts around to fix the issue?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

The Last quarter of the year 2019 because real life is a bugbear sometimes.

Your challenge is: 18!

Bonus Challenge: 1!
      Fall! Paint a mini that has fallen over (for whatever reason) (Pompeii guy works for this too!)

Bonus Challenge: 2!
      This is Halloween! - Paint a mini using only colors that have black, orange, and purple in the name. You may also use the paints available from this year's ghoulie bag.

Bonus Challenge: 5!
      Festive feast - Since both US And Canada have their Thanksgiving in this time bracket - paint up a mini (figure or terrain) to have some food being presented, if you can do a drinking vessel to be painting like a full glass, even better!

Bonus Challenge: 4!
      For-lack-of-a-better-idea- December 15th is national Cat Herders' day! Paint a tabaxi, or any other mini featuring a feline. (It's a real holiday, go ahead, look it up)

Hard Mode Challenge 1!
      Jack-o-lantern's light - Paint a mini where the only source of light would be coming from inside a jack-o-lantern. Pumpkin may be part of the mini/base or sculpted

Hard Mode Challenge 2!
      Under Wraps- Paint a mini so that anything that any non-flesh (armor-weapons-cloth-etc) looks like it's patterned wrapping paper. This is assuming a humanoid figure. Dragons or such apply the same challenge to the whole body.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By NebulousMissy
      I'm running an adventure. I'm running an adventure that starts with a ball. A ball full of NPCs. Half are important, half die in the first few sessions. How to keep my players from distinguishing?

Paint them all. Aaaaall of them. I have kept myself to less than 3 hours per mini.

First, High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus.

He's #77200 Sir Conlan

The blue and green, while visually dull, will be a recurring theme among the NPCs. The kingdom's heraldry is a gold crown and white lion over a blue and green field. 
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

July and August 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Independence Day! Both Canada and the US celebrate their independence days in July. Keeping it clean - paint a mini that resembles the most absurd stereotype of the country, whether it's a lumberjack riding a moose with a jug of maple syrup, or a fat dude in a scooter with the american flag and a big mac.  Or something from the film Independence Day, that works too.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      August 22nd is National Spumoni day. 3-layered Gelato dish. Paint any mini in a themed pallet around your choice image of said dish.

Hard Mode Challenge! Eruption
      Also in August is the fabled eruption of Pompeii. A full-size diorama is a but much to ask - but instead theme a mini around trying to escape the eruption (lava flows, flying chunks of rock, etc) particularly utilizing the OSL and an ashen look.

• By TGP
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.

As usual, the new format includes "hard mode" challenge options!

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The 1st!
      Paint a mini themed around ...The Frozen North!  (Yup, Winter in a Summer month. In honor of:  James Clark Ross, the first European to reach the North Magnetic Pole, June 1st 1831.) Polar Bears, Frostgravers, Seals, Yetis, US Navy SEALS in winter kit, Snow Apes, Winter Foxes, Dire Penguins, Snow Leopards, Tiger Tanks in winter Camo, White Tigers, Frost Giants, Winter Terrain ...are all good. 

Bonus Challenge: The 2nd!
      Join the Painting Binge next weekend. Hard Mode: knock out the basic 8 during the Binge. Details: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86220-memorial-day-paint-binge-challenge-2019/

Bonus Challenge: The 3rd!
      The third time pays for all. If there was a Bonus Theme from earlier this year that you wanted to do but missed; go back, find it, and give it a go! Post the theme Rules with the link please.

Bonus Challenge: The 4th!
      The Fourth was with us earlier in May. Paint up some sort of mini as a Stars Wars character, background extra, droid, or spacecraft. Harder mode: Do some conversion work on the model first. (Add a light saber, swap a sword to a blaster, cobble together a ship from random objects Froggcident-style...)

• By Echoside_
      I, Echoside, will be undergoing this awesome challenge as my Dragon and paints have arrived from Denton.  

I have chosen the victim of Kyphrixis, The Copper Dragon for this 3-star challenge.  Will be using green and red liner to prime.

My rolls:

So after his bath, it was picture time!

I think he will end up being a Strawberry Dragon! 
      First off, I sorry for the Cut/Paste first post, but it was fitting.

Secondly, Kai (the moniker I've given to him) got himself primed up and ready for more layers while out at a miniature painting event at a local gaming store.  Such a splendid way to start the challenge. 

I bathed the base unit in Sepia Liner, as I don't believe the base was to be done strictly in the color scheme of the dragons.  Kai himself was bathed in the Red liner, which is very purple if you ask my eyes.   The wing membranes were done in the Green Liner.  I'm hoping for some interesting undershading effects once the 3 primary colors start to roll on.  

I've blocked out in my head what scales are going to be which shades and such, I'm just hoping I have the skills to bring whats in my head out on the dragon himself.  But without further ado, picture time!

• Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)