Sign in to follow this  

The last of my Red Box Games from the last Kickstarter.

Valda The Black Hearted.  Oh.. this is a really tight sculpt !

Once I put her together I was like, "How are these brushes going to get in there".

I figured while everyone scoped out Hakar the Horrible in the Show offs, I would start

doing Valda.  I'm playing a lot with this one.  I want Noir Black on the fur, and silver highlights,

and I want her attire to be crimson with blood red highlights. (so far, may change if the contrast

isn't enough).  Best part of these miniatures from Tre Manor is the complexity, you can do almost

anything you want to do once you have the shadows in.

Any Comments would be VERY welcome, sometimes painting in a vacuum is a bit boring;

would be nice to know that someone had an idea about what I was doing !

Here is Valda the Black Hearted, primed and with some color added.

post-12655-0-53813600-1430881139.jpg

post-12655-0-11673900-1430881140.jpg

post-12655-0-67658700-1430881140.jpg

post-12655-0-18323000-1430881141.jpg

post-12655-0-78331700-1430881141.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 12

Jay  What kind of skin tone are you going for?  If this is meant to be a lady Barbarian (Ub3r may even take a bath upon seeing this thread) are you going for a lighter look?

Robinh;

you picked up on my thinking, I was going to go for a more feminine skin tone.

Lethal barbarian, with great looks..lol.

Either way, they are going to "DIE" for or by her :)

• Like 1

Got up this morning, and decided that I needed cold coffee !

So I started painting, and yeap, coffee was cold when I finally stopped

painting Valda !  ROFL.

I've been moving her along. 

Amazing what a difference some flesh makes, and tossing in some darker shadows.

Here is Valda as she looks now.

The files are low in bytes.

post-12655-0-71190300-1430924897.jpg

post-12655-0-34977300-1430924898.jpg

post-12655-0-88794300-1430924898.jpg

post-12655-0-46934000-1430924899.jpg

post-12655-0-04159500-1430924900.jpg

• Like 8

Gotta keep working on those skin tones.   At the moment she is not reading as female but (based on images on my computer screen) asian male.

You really need to make the face soft with some nice pink/red lips and wide eyes to pull of the female look on this one.  Those muscalar legs and lack of chest expoosure tend to hide the female look (in the pictures at least).

• Like 2

She's taking shape nicely, Jay!

One comment/question - is that paint at her right knee/quad getting chalky or an imperfection in the material of the figure? It looks rough, but I can't tell exactly what it is.

• Like 1

Gotta keep working on those skin tones.   At the moment she is not reading as female but (based on images on my computer screen) asian male.

You really need to make the face soft with some nice pink/red lips and wide eyes to pull of the female look on this one.  Those muscalar legs and lack of chest expoosure tend to hide the female look (in the pictures at least)

I haven't done anything with her really except put in ONE base color on her flesh.

I'll make her Girlish form show up.  Remember though Robin, this IS one small miniature. 

I will get some eyes in her, but 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch IS small..ROFL.

• Like 1

She's taking shape nicely, Jay!

One comment/question - is that paint at her right knee/quad getting chalky or an imperfection in the material of the figure? It looks rough, but I can't tell exactly what it is.

Its the flesh color turning chalky, going to switch to another brand I think, or catch it when I glaze.

That leg isn't as smoth as it could have been... so paint is pooling in there, and then if I go over it, it

get "fuzzy".  Once I get a build up of watered down color, it should clean up.

Thanks for the catch on that !

• Like 1

It sounds like you've got ambitious plans for this lady, I rather like the idea of making her look like an elite bad guy rather than just a ruffian.  ^_^

(No other comments, Robinh and Ub3r both mentioned the only issues I saw.)

• Like 1

Softened up Valda's face a bit.

Added white and blue to eyes, and lighter color to face.

I also added a touch of pink to her lower lip.

post-12655-0-44651200-1430928580.jpg

post-12655-0-60340700-1430929906.jpg

• Like 6

Added a second photo to the above;

This one is a better photo of the face,

showing that she has eyes (whites and blue), and lips

that are pink.  I love my Windsor Newton 0000 brush.

I never would get in there with anything else !