Hello all! So it's a couple days after ReaperCon, and I had a blast! For my first official after RC, I've chosen to FINALLY paint up the Mounted Dino Rider from Warzone. This was one of the prizes I really wanted to win during the Spaceship Superstar contest put on so generously by Jasper!

At any rate, this one should be fast and furious as I want to move on to projects that will push the things I learned at RC. With that said, this prep job took quite a while! LOL!

So... nothing super spectacular yet! 

post-12973-0-67884400-1430894673.jpg

I should also note that I'm adapting to a Pixel Chromebook, so please excuse any photograph shenanigans that my result! Thanks for looking, and stay tuned for more!

-K

• Like 9

Figured that I should PROBABLY post an update pic since it's been a while since I've been on here. Life has been BUSY!

I have a pic of the Dino. He's pretty much finished except for a dullcoat spray that'll happen when I get the rider finished. THAT may take a while as I'm using him to teach my wife to paint.

I'm still trying to figure out how to base this guy.... He's not really a game piece (too big) but not really something destined for a diorama/competition piece.... Hmmmm.... We'll have to see when the Sgt. is finished and sitting astride his trusty mount. Thanks for looking!

post-12973-0-86380500-1432100938.jpg

The Other Side:

post-12973-0-09235800-1432101295.jpg

-K

Edited by Kharsin
  • Like 13

That's a good looking Bauhaus Mounted Hussar dino.

I don't remember, did you win the one figure or was it a three pack??

Just to be an enabler, Prince August still has three packs of these available, but one of them is the same as your figure.

Prince August SKU: TG10525PB

The picture on Prince August shows them mounted on standard 25mm round bases, but I would probably put them on 40mm or 50mm rounds for stability, Or a standard 25x50mm cavalry base.

EDIT: There was also a Kapitan model, but PA is out of stock on him.

Edited by Brother Jim

He's the one I won from Spaceship Superstar. He was a single figure. He's been a blast so far!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By BLZeebub
      This is something I started working on a looong time ago.  I finally made the push to get it done and get it out--probably donating it to one of the FLGSs.  WIP  here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87566-ruined-building-terrain-pic-heavy-ish/
      I wasn't trying to get too, too fancy with this.  Rather I began with the intent to see how quickly I could make a good enough piece of terrain.  Had I not taken a year-long hiatus from it I may have succeeded, as I think that barring drying times I have around.
      You can see a Bones skele or to lurking around for scale.  I was having a challenging time with my camera and the lighting (room is kind of in disarray at the moment), so I have a few different exposures here.
      Had a lot of fun with the fiddly bits like the graffiti, wire conduit, and dead plants.
      In the fist and second pics you can even see one of my new backgrounds in the...background--too bad I made it for a standard mini, not a large building.
      Questions, comments, critiques welcome!

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
    • By BLZeebub
      This is just something that's been on the SoS for an embarrassing amount of time.  Finally making the effort to finish it up and move on.  Materials are corrugated cardboard on a base of stiff cardboard/MDF.  Rebar from paperclips.  Rocks, gravel, and sand, and a straw for the pipe.  Spray primed with black, wet brushed with gray hobby paint.  Next will be some highlights and a wash, some vegetation, and done.  Reaper Bones skelie for skale!  Pardon the rigged light box--lots of other house projects have my hobby room crammed with crap at the moment.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 1 Anonymous, 269 Guests (See full list)