A fellow player in a Reign of Winter game has been "tooling around"* with an unpainted strumpet miniature. I offered to paint it if she told me what she should look like, and so I was given an unpainted Bones mini and a quick watercolor sketch to work off of. This is the result, after a couple hours of work!

post-12889-0-73561800-1430931284_thumb.jpg

post-12889-0-02552800-1430931286_thumb.jpg

post-12889-0-50987100-1430931283_thumb.jpg

post-12889-0-51476800-1430931288_thumb.jpg

post-12889-0-20727600-1430931287_thumb.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty happy with her! She is not great, but I'm improving. This is also some of my better work on hair, ever. That Jessica Rich DVD from the kickstarter is starting to pay off.

However, I still did just a quick paint up (probably 2 hours...) and the quality needs to be higher. Things I know did not go as planned:

• The blending on the dress was incredibly subtle--not sure what I was thinking here, exactly, but the contrast should be way higher.
  • The blending on the hair highlights looked so much better before it dried. Oops. So mental note: esp. for a display piece, let it dry and then really check it out before you seal it. The transitions are way too abrupt as it stands.
  • General smoothness of blending everywhere could be improved.
  • Still on broccoli base. Sad.

Any additional C&C? Beyond the paint scheme, I suppose, since I'm working with a player's desired colors, anyway.

* as the kids would say it **

** back in the 50s, maybe...

Note: this is a repost! It looks like three posts, two of which I finished writing, all ended up with the same post ID, which caused all sorts of mayhem. Attachments only worked on one of these posts at a time and it looks like all of the tags got thrown together. This should fix the problem...

• Like 17

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.