Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, I think I am going to go out on a limb and put my non-monetary bet on this one as having a lower turnout than the last two, 

As in number of backers, total brought in, or both?

both. I fully expect the original goal to get washed away in the first volley of pledges, but I am still betting on a notable reduction. Probably in the same, or even greater range than the difference between Bones 1 and Bones 2. At the same time however, I fully expect the big models to have huge numbers of people going for them

• Like 6

you know, I think I am going to go out on a limb and put my non-monetary bet on this one as having a lower turnout than the last two, 

As in number of backers, total brought in, or both?

both. I fully expect the original goal to get washed away in the first volley of pledges, but I am still betting on a notable reduction. Probably in the same, or even greater range than the difference between Bones 1 and Bones 2. At the same time however, I fully expect the big models to have huge numbers of people going for them

Yeah, that makes sense.  

I'm still on the fence as to whether I will do a core set.  Right now it's just the handful of animals that are appealing to me.  But hopefully the stretch goals will shift the balance away from human PC-types, and I will happily buy in.

Edited by breegull
  • Like 1

I suspect there will be a healthy offering of dragon figures that make it into BKS3. They were pretty prevalent in the first two KS, and lets face it. Dragons are cool and they sell really well in retail. 5 headed dragon is pretty damn frekin' cool. There are likely to be tons of new pledgers just so they can get their hands on it ASAP.

$666,666

That would be fitting, but for some reason logic tells me that is too early in the Kickstarter. I hate logic.
What if....there's an even BIGGER something than tianot? And everyone will be like "Aww Reaper showed the awesome tianot too early!!!". Then..when the KS hits a phenomenal 5,000,000 they release a new Kaiju with great wings and raging teeth with a Sophie straddled on its back engulfed in the madness of the moment. There will be terrain pieces of a city in ruins and overturned vehicles. And it'll be a 50$ addon.

Edit: AND there will be a gazebo!

So thats the reason for Bryan's Khanjira conversion.

• Like 7

I managed to dodge the bullet on the DiTerlizzi, but the Middara got me! :)

Can't wait for bones. I already told the hubs that we're going all out. He might pretend that we won't, but he knows we will. :devil:

I dodged DiTerlizzi (thank God, I found the sculpts lacking the Tony D charm) and have told the wife to keep me away from Zombicide. I was going to go light on this one, but she told me to consider it my Father's Day gift! Woohoo!

• Like 12

Can't wait for bones. I already told the hubs that we're going all out. He might pretend that we won't, but he knows we will. :devil:

I dodged DiTerlizzi (thank God, I found the sculpts lacking the Tony D charm) and have told the wife to keep me away from Zombicide. I was going to go light on this one, but she told me to consider it my Father's Day gift! Woohoo!

Hehehehe

I get that.  My KS habit has become my Fathers Day, Birthday, and Christmas all rolled into one..  :D

• Like 6

Hehehehe

I get that.  My KS habit has become my Fathers Day, Birthday, and Christmas all rolled into one..  :D

Bones KS are just something that we fit into our budget now. When they announced it, he was like, well.... okay. :)

He ends up liking the minis as much as I do, and can't wait to use them in d&d.

• Like 10