Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

So if there was a good-god dragon mini, should it be shaped like a 4 legged, 2 winged Western Dragon or a long serpentine, four legged, no wings Eastern Dragon?

I've always like the notion of having the Platinum Dragon being an eastern style dragon.

• Like 4

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahamut has always been portrayed as a large winged dragon. If he didn't have wings he would really be a not-Bahamut, but no one would ever by him as a proxy.

He really just needs to be a majestic looking Tianot sized dragon with a singular head.  I think if Julie were just told that an awesome sculpt would happen!  It just needs to match the size and grandeur of Tianot.

• Like 1

I hope the bonus 25 will be either a new set of decor, or maybe a selection of forest/farm animals. I'm not very interested in the core yet but I'd be ecstatic about more decor.

Even if not in the bonus minis, I would not be surprised to see decor in stretch goals added to core like before.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who has no interest in a multi-headed dragon? Maybe I'm just odd..

As to number of backers and pledges, I strongly suspect they will go down a bit again (especially with the shorter campaign time). Note how many people have expressed *just in this thread* that they're going to pass on the core and get only the add-ons that they want. I know I myself will be in for the core set at minimum, but I won't be able to go as crazy with the add-ons as I did last time.

I hope the bonus 25 will be either a new set of decor, or maybe a selection of forest/farm animals. I'm not very interested in the core yet but I'd be ecstatic about more decor.

Even if not in the bonus minis, I would not be surprised to see decor in stretch goals added to core like before.

Definitely So many people absolutely loved the Bones I & II decor. If you look at Paizo's latest batch of pre-paints, the decor pieces are selling for more (individually) than most of the figures. There seems to be a real demand. I bought multiple sets of the decor in Bones II and got a pile of the Bones I decor at retail. It took forever because most places were sold out of the decor.

That said, the bugbears, gnolls, ghasts, and bugs were a terrific bonus 24 last time. I can never have too many bugbears, gnolls and undead.  (≧∇≦)

• Like 3

Am I the only one who has no interest in a multi-headed dragon? Maybe I'm just odd..

I don't know about anybody else, but dragonlance and specifically "The Dragonlance Chronicles" are what got me into reading then gaming when I was 14. More importantly away from my more mischief oriented friends. Takhisis-anot (aka Penelope) is a fulfillment or homage to finding DLChronicles.

Plus it's an beautiful sculpt!

• Like 8