Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The purple worm! I totally forgot about the (non-cynical) purple worm.

Not that it will automatically be in Bones 3 (nor that it has to be purple), but Reaper *has* been releasing the oversize minis only in Bonesium of late, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

NEED WORM! There's some PCs that need to be swallowed whole.

• Like 10

LADY ORCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReaperBryan---take note, i think MM might want some female orcs/half orcs.

I will not be posting the other 24 today. I've moved on to the map for the afternoon.

I cannot tease the map, because we laced it with clues to what the unrevealed goals are. Not everything on the map is a clue*, but there's enough that it might ruin the element of surprise. And as rabidly as this board pounced on the smaller clues in Bones I, and as often as you collectively got them right, We can't risk giving you 14 days to figure them all out.

*in fact, there's more than one deliberately false and misleading 'clue' that's probably more accurately described a what We in the Royal Navy call a "lie".

Which royal navy?

I'm in British royal navy and yes we get lied to lots. In the sense we get told dates for things then it gets changed about a hundred times lol

They do that to us in the US Navy, too.

*looks around the room at all my unpainted and unassembled dragon minis*

YES!!!! MOAR DRAGONS!!!!

Agree!

A week and a half....F5

Also, I might need to get 2 sets of those frost giants--1 set to paint as giants, the other to paint as Norse gods.

• Like 9

The "frost giants" people speak of look to be in the "huge" scale (of a 3" base) compared to the miniatures around them. I'm relatively sure that, in the d20 system and its ilk, they should be "large" (2" base). That's the main thing that's rubbing me wrong about them, and I'm hoping I'm misreading it, because I like the look of them, overall.

Even if I'd use them as "Oni" instead of frost giants.

• Like 1

The "frost giants" people speak of look to be in the "huge" scale (of a 3" base) compared to the miniatures around them. I'm relatively sure that, in the d20 system and its ilk, they should be "large" (2" base). That's the main thing that's rubbing me wrong about them, and I'm hoping I'm misreading it, because I like the look of them, overall.

Frost Giants are large but there are other giants who are huge but that is only the base game. You can easily have huge frost giants in the base system, it just ups their CR is all.

Edited by lordnlkon
  • Like 1

I`d LOVE to see a bones version of Wizard of Hope (and maybe some other limited editions too)!

Would buy at least two to make different color schemes!

I`m also anxious to see what reaper folks come up with in terms of paints! The limited edition pack would be a hit!

I think Reaper wants to please D&D 5th edition players like myself. There are already plenty of "large" frost giants in the market and 5th edition is becoming very popular. Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 1

Also, though it's a long shot I would like to see more of the black circular bases available as an add-on to the Bones III Kickstarter. I didn't pick up nearly enough in Bones II, and certainly won't have enough even begin to cover the core set for IBones II.

Not likely. Reaper is mostly using the Kickstarters to push new merchandise, not run a sale on older items. You'll probably have to buy the bases through the reaper on line store or through retail channels.

So true. Maybe different shapes / sizes, then.

I know I'll be getting 2 Tiamat's as I have a friend (who is a good painter) who has no funds for any of this right now.  Going to surprise him with it.  Too bad a long wait, but it will still be cool.

• Like 3