Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

This may be on the verge of crazy, but is there some way to incentivize adding money during the KS vs adding in pledge manager?

They're called "Stretch Goals".

Didn't all the stretch goals get unlocked for Bones II?

I believe they had more that weren't shown. We were passing stretch goals at a crazy quick pace, but the next one that would've been after "thank you" would've been too high to hit in the time allotted. 

I guess but the last stretch goal wasn't anything and they never posted another one with like an hour left if I remember correctly. I thought we could have hit another one if they would have posted it. Better to post something and not hit it and get the extra pledges, than to post nothing.

I seem to recall Bryan on the Comments section saying that they DID have more (4-5 more in the pipeline IIRC), but there wasn't any way to hit them with the final minutes waning down, so they didn't show any further as to not disappoint anyone. It was still a massively successful campaign regardless.

• Like 8

Yea they put up cadirith as the last add on and we TECHNICALLY didnt unlock him by meeting the amount they put.  Later that night I remember looking at the page again and saw it had been switched from locked to "Thank you" from reaper so they sorta gave us that one.

• Like 7

Yea they put up cadirith as the last add on and we TECHNICALLY didnt unlock him by meeting the amount they put.  Later that night I remember looking at the page again and saw it had been switched from locked to "Thank you" from reaper so they sorta gave us that one.

Yep.

• Like 6

This may be on the verge of crazy, but is there some way to incentivize adding money during the KS vs adding in pledge manager? I think a lot of people already know they will be adding a certain amount of money during pledge manager and wait because there is no reason not to. The cumulative effect probably does impact stretch goals and momentum. 

My thought was a very small price increase like 5% for funds added after the close of the KS project. This would get the people who are already planning to add money during pledge manager phase to do it early, whilst not creating an insurmountable hardship for those who really did need to wait to add funds later.

So simply something like this: take amount pledged from KS and add 5% to credit balance, then all items price will increase by 5%. This way only funds added after KS closes have slightly less purchasing power.

5% is just a ballpark... maybe even lower % would have a good effect.

Our incentive to add funds During instead of after is That funds After never lock additional goals. 

Perhaps a comment of 'If this had all been pledged in kickstarter we would have ran out of stretch goals' remark?

For one reason or another, at the End of Bones I we had only 1 additional Stretch Goal ready to show, although we probably could have at that time developed a few more, like the Hill giants, or something, given the popularity of the Giants at that time.  Knowing the amount eh Pledge Manager brought it, I am confident that had we received all of those funds, we would have been able to announce the Khanjira goal (which we instead saved for Bones II) and been scrambling to produce the art for some of our goal ideas.

At the End of Bones II we were guilty of underplanning. We predicted a graph of likely end results, and actually ran out of goals that were realistic* - although with the additional funds from the Pledge Manager,  given much much earlier, we could probably have developed art assets for more character figures, having little prepped in the way of large beasties this time around.

For Bones III, We are preparing up to 3 million worth of goals ready to reveal rapidly (our goal is to have these assets ready for launch day), with the ability to generate up to 4 million in assets if the rate of funding appears to warrant it. There's a fine line there, because any changes made on day 4, for example, mean all assets pre-generated need to be error checked and adjusted to account for the change, but not having the assets ready is a recipe for disaster.

*Basically, any other goals we might have posted would never have been reached so we had never developed the art assets necessary to post them. There was no reason to make them or show new ones, because while we were still climbing, we weren't ever going to get enough for any new goals. As it was Cadirith was funded only because of Pledge Manager funds, and we made it so as not to disappoint. Showing more would have been counter productive. 

This may be on the verge of crazy, but is there some way to incentivize adding money during the KS vs adding in pledge manager? I think a lot of people already know they will be adding a certain amount of money during pledge manager and wait because there is no reason not to. The cumulative effect probably does impact stretch goals and momentum. 

My thought was a very small price increase like 5% for funds added after the close of the KS project. This would get the people who are already planning to add money during pledge manager phase to do it early, whilst not creating an insurmountable hardship for those who really did need to wait to add funds later.

So simply something like this: take amount pledged from KS and add 5% to credit balance, then all items price will increase by 5%. This way only funds added after KS closes have slightly less purchasing power.

5% is just a ballpark... maybe even lower % would have a good effect.

Our incentive to add funds During instead of after is That funds After never lock additional goals. 

Perhaps a comment of 'If this had all been pledged in kickstarter we would have ran out of stretch goals' remark?

For one reason or another, at the End of Bones I we had only 1 additional Stretch Goal ready to show, although we probably could have at that time developed a few more, like the Hill giants, or something, given the popularity of the Giants at that time.  Knowing the amount eh Pledge Manager brought it, I am confident that had we received all of those funds, we would have been able to announce the Khanjira goal (which we instead saved for Bones II) and been scrambling to produce the art for some of our goal ideas.

At the End of Bones II we were guilty of underplanning. We predicted a graph of likely end results, and actually ran out of goals that were realistic* - although with the additional funds from the Pledge Manager,  given much much earlier, we could probably have developed art assets for more character figures, having little prepped in the way of large beasties this time around.

For Bones III, We are preparing up to 3 million worth of goals ready to reveal rapidly (our goal is to have these assets ready for launch day), with the ability to generate up to 4 million in assets if the rate of funding appears to warrant it. There's a fine line there, because any changes made on day 4, for example, mean all assets pre-generated need to be error checked and adjusted to account for the change, but not having the assets ready is a recipe for disaster.

*Basically, any other goals we might have posted would never have been reached so we had never developed the art assets necessary to post them. There was no reason to make them or show new ones, because while we were still climbing, we weren't ever going to get enough for any new goals. As it was Cadirith was funded only because of Pledge Manager funds, and we made it so as not to disappoint. Showing more would have been counter productive. 

Thanks for the info!

Are you getting excited yet?

• Like 2

SO! Kanjira was ready for the first Kickstarter???
::o: ::o: ::o:

You CAN keep a secret! I thought it was the Kraken...

Thanks for the info!

Are you getting excited yet?

I AM!!!! ::D: ::D: ::D: ::D: Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 9

::o:  ::o:  ::o:

Yeah, he said that before too. I'd have to do some digging, but I'm 95% positive he mentioned it in one of these bones kickstarter discussion threads.

• Like 3

Cadirith was a surprise for y'all, wasn't she?

Talk of Cadirith reminds me I need to send Reaper an email about mine. She came with double of one leg, will have to go look at my notes again and make sure which one it is so they can get it sent out to me.

• Like 1

Cadirith was a surprise for y'all, wasn't she?

Talk of Cadirith reminds me I need to send Reaper an email about mine. She came with double of one leg, will have to go look at my notes again and make sure which one it is so they can get it sent out to me.

Mine as well, but Reaper folks already take care of (thanks again!)

• Like 2

/echos of squeeing is heard throughout the cosmos.

Record earthquakes are recorded across the world.

Poor Mr Melons...

• Like 6

::o:  ::o:  ::o:

Yep. We didn't have a name for it and the sculpt was not completed. It would have been an image of concept art like we had used for Kaladrax and Nethyrmaul. 

I have the original art, but I can't show it because the name we used on the art is no longer our legal property.

::o:::o:::o:

I assume that they would have only had the concept art for Bones 1, so I'm actually glad it didn't fund then so that they could show off the finished sculpt for Bones 2. Much more impressive.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I power vomited rainbows when you guys opened with the kraken last time.  I am very excited to see how this summer goes down.

• Like 11