Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

OK, I won't be upset if you can not answer this, but I'd like to ask anyway. What was the lowest performer from the previous two Bones Kickstarters?

Cadirith.

Excluding Vampire Boxes and Core sets, which are runaway #1 with a bullet on a laser mag-lev train on a highway to hell, I believe Kaladrax was #1.

That's because spiders are terrifying. Even ones that my brain knows are made of plastic. Not sure if mine will ever get painted *shiver*

• Like 6

OK, I won't be upset if you can not answer this, but I'd like to ask anyway. What was the lowest performer from the previous two Bones Kickstarters?

Cadirith.

Excluding Vampire Boxes and Core sets, which are runaway #1 with a bullet on a laser mag-lev train on a highway to hell, I believe Kaladrax was #1.

It was just me asking for Cadrith then?

• Like 3

How are the Bathalians selling?  Any chance we could get the Astral Mauler into Bones III so we have more (unofficial) Bio CAV options?

• Like 4

Not strictly related to Bones 3, but since you earlier mentioned mask costs for the LE kickstarter coming later - would you expect LE goals and options costs in that kickstarter to be roughly the same as the Bones kickstarters?  I'm planning well ahead for it to recruit people who don't like painting things (weirdos) but realized I have no rough value baseline to work on them with.

• Like 6

Cadirith sells well now, once again proving that KS sales and retail sales are not a 1:1 analogue and no indication of each other...

So I'm just quoting your last post so I don't have half a page of quotes, but THANK YOU for all the info.

That ought to hold off the hordes of demands for more previews for at least 15 more minutes. :)

And didn't you say Cadirith was one of the last things added in his KS?  There probably wasn't enough time to build goodie demand during the kickstarter, and even with the forums there's not quite as much energy once the thing is over.  We don't see your dollar amounts going up when we're adding in the Pledge Manager, after all.

Not strictly related to Bones 3, but since you earlier mentioned mask costs for the LE kickstarter coming later - would you expect LE goals and options costs in that kickstarter to be roughly the same as the Bones kickstarters?  I'm planning well ahead for it to recruit people who don't like painting things (weirdos) but realized I have no rough value baseline to work on them with.

I like all the things and will probably spend stupid amounts on the LE one as well.  Damn you Reaper, do you just want me to direct deposit my paycheck to you? :P

Edited by Lochar
  • Like 6

Cadirith sells well now, once again proving that KS sales and retail sales are not a 1:1 analogue and no indication of each other...

So I'm just quoting your last post so I don't have half a page of quotes, but THANK YOU for all the info.

That ought to hold off the hordes of demands for more previews for at least 15 more minutes. :)

And didn't you say Cadirith was one of the last things added in his KS?  There probably wasn't enough time to build goodie demand during the kickstarter, and even with the forums there's not quite as much energy once the thing is over.  We don't see your dollar amounts going up when we're adding in the Pledge Manager, after all.

I like all the things and will probably spend stupid amounts on the LE one as well.  Damn you Reaper, do you just want me to direct deposit my paycheck to you? :P

Moar previews??

Wait... sorry, it's only been 5 minutes. My bad...

We haven't run the numbers down to that granularity yet, the ballpark estimates I've seen and suggested that we could expect similar structure in terms of goal spacing and also in terms of reward costs. mind you, Similar gives me some wiggle room - I'm not sure exact analogues and comparisons are possible at this time.

Cadirith.

If I recall correctly, there were some concerns voiced by the Reaper Peeps that Cadirith may not make the transition to Bones very well (I think there were concerns about the figure supporting itself adequately without additional support underneath the body).  I'm curious if perhaps that might have caused some backers to shy away from it as an option.  Another factor is that it was the final last-minute unlock, so it didn't get quite as much fanfare and may have been lost in the endgame shuffle of news and updates.

I'm more surprised that Kaladrax was such a strong seller.  I guess it's just more proof that size does matter.  :lol:

• Like 3

We haven't run the numbers down to that granularity yet, the ballpark estimates I've seen and suggested that we could expect similar structure in terms of goal spacing and also in terms of reward costs. mind you, Similar gives me some wiggle room - I'm not sure exact analogues and comparisons are possible at this time.

That's close enough for my needs.  I'll be sure to provide many conditions, caveats, waivers, and disclaimers.  Ballpark works nicely, thanks!

• Like 7

So I went back looking for the post where ReaperBryan shares the core 30 models as I am pretty sure the bulldog/wardog that Girot is talking about was in it... but it seems to be gone! Was the post deleted? Did Bryan get in trouble for that spoiler?

The image is still on pinterest for those wanting to see it. But I am curious to know why its gone... unless I just lost it in the masses of posts?

Girot - I believe the model you are talking about is in the bottom left corner of the image I linked, so I think its confirmed. I am very excited for it too! It looks like a beautiful model

EDIT: I posted this forgetting that I left it on page 112 when I went to bed & that there were almost a dozen more pages since then. My question still stands though. 

Edited by babbles

Are we there yet?

F5...

Nope. Not yet.

F5...

Actually, we are there.  Welcome, to the INTERNET!

Oh, you were looking for a specific page?

Error 404

Hmm...

Well, I'm sure they'll get that one working eventually. :D

Soon!

Thank you kit and team reaper!

Some here (not applicable to me) need to be reminded about Significant Other aggro if they spend too much as well. If I recall, Brian said 500 should get you one of most things here.

I believe that was an example of Perturbation Theory.

You know, the most dangerous part of Bryan's post is that you'll be able to continue adding to your Pledge Manager.

"Ohh, I found another $30.  I'll go buy another mini."  It's like the gift that keeps on draining your wallet. :)

True. So very, painfully, true.

what an unexpected side effect!

Evil, evil man. I bow to you. Now where's my Anhurians? ;)
  • Like 4

Are we there yet?

F5...

Nope. Not yet.

F5...

Actually, we are there. Welcome, to the INTERNET!

Oh, you were looking for a specific page?

Error 404

Hmm...

Well, I'm sure they'll get that one working eventually. :D

Soon!

How about now? I need to p.....ledge!

This may be on the verge of crazy, but is there some way to incentivize adding money during the KS vs adding in pledge manager? I think a lot of people already know they will be adding a certain amount of money during pledge manager and wait because there is no reason not to. The cumulative effect probably does impact stretch goals and momentum. 

My thought was a very small price increase like 5% for funds added after the close of the KS project. This would get the people who are already planning to add money during pledge manager phase to do it early, whilst not creating an insurmountable hardship for those who really did need to wait to add funds later.

So simply something like this: take amount pledged from KS and add 5% to credit balance, then all items price will increase by 5%. This way only funds added after KS closes have slightly less purchasing power.

5% is just a ballpark... maybe even lower % would have a good effect.

Our incentive to add funds During instead of after is That funds After never lock additional goals. 

Perhaps a comment of 'If this had all been pledged in kickstarter we would have ran out of stretch goals' remark?

For one reason or another, at the End of Bones I we had only 1 additional Stretch Goal ready to show, although we probably could have at that time developed a few more, like the Hill giants, or something, given the popularity of the Giants at that time.  Knowing the amount eh Pledge Manager brought it, I am confident that had we received all of those funds, we would have been able to announce the Khanjira goal (which we instead saved for Bones II) and been scrambling to produce the art for some of our goal ideas.

At the End of Bones II we were guilty of underplanning. We predicted a graph of likely end results, and actually ran out of goals that were realistic* - although with the additional funds from the Pledge Manager,  given much much earlier, we could probably have developed art assets for more character figures, having little prepped in the way of large beasties this time around.

For Bones III, We are preparing up to 3 million worth of goals ready to reveal rapidly (our goal is to have these assets ready for launch day), with the ability to generate up to 4 million in assets if the rate of funding appears to warrant it. There's a fine line there, because any changes made on day 4, for example, mean all assets pre-generated need to be error checked and adjusted to account for the change, but not having the assets ready is a recipe for disaster.

*Basically, any other goals we might have posted would never have been reached so we had never developed the art assets necessary to post them. There was no reason to make them or show new ones, because while we were still climbing, we weren't ever going to get enough for any new goals. As it was Cadirith was funded only because of Pledge Manager funds, and we made it so as not to disappoint. Showing more would have been counter productive. 

Thanks for answering. I want to say you guys do an awesome job and the last 2 kickstarters have been great. It just felt like at the end it was like wow, we really didn't expect to get this high this time so no more goals were announced. Because the second to last goal was 2.85 and the final one was 3 million and then we reached 3.169, it felt like there should have been ones at 3.175 (which we could have easily hit since it was only 6k more) or 3.2 which we could probably have done if one was announced. 

Edited by lordnlkon