Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed some posts in this thread have suggested pledging for a relatively small amount then adding items when the pledge manager is completed. In effect, this would allow a person to delay being billed at the close of the project until the pledge manager is completed.

In the last two Bones kickstarters, I promptly completed the pledge manager as soon as it became available. However, on Bones KS2 those who delayed filling out the pledge manager for several months were able to wait until then to decide what they wanted while those that completed the pledge manager sooner were not able to change their selections since the order was locked in. That left me feeling it might have been a mistake to fill out the pledge manager quickly since there were a few things I would have added later if I could have, Although I realize it helps Reaper plan production if people finalize orders early in the process,. is there any downside for the buyer to delaying filling out the pledge manager for several months to maintain the flexibility to change the order?

So I have VERY GOOD NEWS for you.

We're changing the system now so that you don't really Lock In an order, you Save it. We'll explain it better in an Update, but the Nuts & bolts are this:

• During the project, it's all in Pledge Calculator Mode. You can make changes all day every day and nothing is permanent. It remembers your selections, but they can be changed at your heart's content.
  • After the project (about 3-4 weeks, if memory serves) we go into Pledge Manager Mode. Everything you chose from calculator mode is still remembered, but now you have the option to Save your selections. At that point, if you spent more than you pledged, you can pay additional funds for the additional rewards.
  • Any Saved items, now paid for, are Locked. Tthis works like before, but with one major difference!
  • Note that you MIGHT choose to Save your rewards while you still have an outstanding balance (maybe you pledge $150 but accidentally selected only $120 in rewards). In the past you'd have been up a creek, but now you can simply go to the next bullet point
  • If at any time you want to ADD MORE rewards, you may do so. Simply make a second, third, or nth payment (as appropriate) to cover the cost of the additional rewards (and shipping if any) and we'll add those to what's already saved. When we ship, we'll ship all of your different Saved orders as one order, combining them for your convenience. Edit to add: At some point, probably right about the time the boat hits the water, we'll make an announcement that no more additions can be made. At that point, all backers are on equal footing, whether you saved all of your selections on Day 1 or Manager Mode, or on day 300)
  • Edit to ALSO ADD: Be aware that Saved Selections cannot be removed. We'll try to be accommodating to reasonable requests, but to remove an item from your rewards we would have to directly enter the database and manipulate the data by hand - not a thing that is always safe or reasonable. It helps if you think of Saves as permanent. You can always add, but subtraction just isn't practical except in extreme cases.
Yes, money added in Pledge Manager Mode does not count towards unlocking new goals, and if every backer added only $1 and then decided to add their funds afterwards, in Bones II we'd have only raised $14,000 and not have even met minimum funding. Obviously this would have not been as good of a bargain in that case.

Please balance this knowledge with what is financially responsible for you and your family. We would rather have you not pledge than pledge and endure significant hardship for our product.

I don't know who's idea this was, but tell them I love them for it.
  • Like 3

Specifically of froghemoth

YES

Okay, so I have seen ALOT of requests for a froghemoth but didnt they do one in Bones II?

77377_p_1_mp.jpg

Found in the Preview Gallery

Was a part of expansion 2 of Bones II

If this is not a Froghemoth... I am sorry for any blasphemy... but what is?

That is not a Froghemoth. That, my friend, is a not-Slaad.

This is a Froghemoth:

barrierpeaks_33.jpg

• Like 3

This is a Froghemoth:

barrierpeaks_33.jpg

...again with the tentacles... :wacko:
A frog does not have tentacles. A Froghemoth does have tentacles.
  • Like 2

is there any downside for the buyer to delaying filling out the pledge manager for several months to maintain the flexibility to change the order?

Currency fluctuations.

I have the original art, but I can't show it because the name we used on the art is no longer our legal property.

Huh, that sounds like an interesting story.

OK, I won't be upset if you can not answer this, but I'd like to ask anyway. What was the lowest performer from the previous two Bones Kickstarters?

Cadirith.

Excluding Vampire Boxes and Core sets, which are runaway #1 with a bullet on a laser mag-lev train on a highway to hell, I believe Kaladrax was #1.

Doesn't that make Kaladrax a Loss Leader?

I know I didn't pick cadrith for fear of bendy legs and her just not holding shape.

For me, it was that I felt the quality upgrade over halloween props I already own wasn't worth the $. (Especially with so many other options.)

Pretty sure Froghemoth is open content, due to the fact that it predates Pathfinder and features heavily in it.

I think it's more complicated than that, it is licensed for use in d20 system books by necromancer games due to an old agreement, but the critter itself is still wotc's. 

This is a Froghemoth:

you know where this is going...

• Like 1

This is a Froghemoth:

barrierpeaks_33.jpg

Look up 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks'. That's where the froghemoth, vegipygmies, and thornies all come from. Three classic monsters, that to my knowledge, have never seen the light of day as miniatures.

• Like 2

This is a Froghemoth:

barrierpeaks_33.jpg

Look up 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks'. That's where the froghemoth, vegipygmies, and thornies all come from. Three classic monsters, that to my knowledge, have never seen the light of day as miniatures.

I've heard GF9 did a limited edition one that was gencon exclusive.

http://www.crittohit.com/imagestore/articles/8521/dungeons-dragons-gen-con43.jpg

• Like 2