Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

I'll put in my max funds that I have stored up for it, because I know i'll spend it all on add ons. Won't be getting a core, but I'll still spend it all, so I'll just put it all in at the start

• Like 7

I'll be getting the core. I love PCs so don't mind getting some more to paint. Though I am hoping the bonus 24 are hobgoblins, cultists, bandits, and the remaining townsfolk (like the priests!) That haven't been bone'd yet.

• Like 2

I'll be getting the core. I love PCs so don't mind getting some more to paint. Though I am hoping the bonus 24 are hobgoblins, cultists, bandits, and the remaining townsfolk (like the priests!) That haven't been bone'd yet.

Bonus 24 should be 6x cultists, 6x wolfs, 6x guards and 6x hobgoblins

But Bryan's already said they're all new sculpts.
  • Like 4

All right,  6x new cultists, 6x new wolfs, 6x new guards and 6x new hobgoblins  :wow: 

Or, 4x goats, 4x sheeps, 4x donkeys, 4x mules, 4 light horses and 4 war horses...

• Like 8

All right,  6x new cultists, 6x new wolfs, 6x new guards and 6x new hobgoblins  :wow: 

Or, 4x goats, 4x sheeps, 4x donkeys, 4x mules, 4 light horses and 4 war horses...

If there's not a partridge in a pear tree, this company is literally worse than Hitler.

• Like 7

I'll trade you two wood for three sheep...wait those are cards, not minis.

All right, 6x new cultists, 6x new wolfs, 6x new guards and 6x new hobgoblins :wow:

If there's not a partridge in a pear tree, this company is literally worse than Hitler.

Goblins are funny... Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 9

I need to correct this, I was mistaken. At first I thought they were all new, not all of them are new. There are more new than not new, but some are apparently already available.

Also, I've just finished pricing one-of-everything, and if the project goes out to everything we have possible on the list, It's about $670. There's goals in there that are intended to be slotted in if demand is perceived, and some of the ones we have developed we are confident will not be used (There's always something we slide off the board to make room for something else). I would NOT assume that $670 will be the minimum to get one of everything, since our list has a little over $100 of goals that are in the "Holding" column.  $500 to $550 is much more likely.  Again, we never know how this will go. If we fail to break $3,000,000, then it will probably cost less than $500 to get everything. If we break $4,000,000 it will cost over $600...  

No, I cannot be more specific. Just like I cannot tell you how many possible figures there are for Core...

I need to correct this, I was mistaken. At first I thought they were all new, not all of them are new. There are more new than not new, but some are apparently already available.

Also, I've just finished pricing one-of-everything, and if the project goes out to everything we have possible on the list, It's about $670. There's goals in there that are intended to be slotted in if demand is perceived, and some of the ones we have developed we are confident will not be used (There's always something we slide off the board to make room for something else). I would NOT assume that $670 will be the minimum to get one of everything, since our list has a little over $100 of goals that are in the "Holding" column.  $500 to $550 is much more likely.  Again, we never know how this will go. If we fail to break $3,000,000, then it will probably cost less than $500 to get everything. If we break $4,000,000 it will cost over $600...  

No, I cannot be more specific. Just like I cannot tell you how many possible figures there are for Core...

So, what you're saying is we have to strong-arm every into pledging enough to push us over the $4 million mark.  Gotcha.

• Like 11

thanks for the update.  BTW, happy b-day.

• Like 2

I'll be pledging for Core at the start. Then add to my pledge as the options open up and they tickle my fancy. But I am with buglips, LE KS1 is got me stoked. I really dislike painting units. I get board WAAAAYYYYY too fast for painting units of figs. So I am going to try my best to hold back at least some funds for the LE KS.

• Like 3

I like this, instead of "neither confirming nor denying", you *are* confirming new sculpts *and* denying new sculpts.

Bravo sir. Bravo!

• Like 16

OK, I won't be upset if you can not answer this, but I'd like to ask anyway. What was the lowest performer from the previous two Bones Kickstarters?

Cadirith.

Excluding Vampire Boxes and Core sets, which are runaway #1 with a bullet on a laser mag-lev train on a highway to hell, I believe Kaladrax was #1.

Weird. I was crazy excited to see her unlock. I've wanted her forever, but I didn't want to risk carrying her around in metal and dropping her. Having her in bones is fantastic, even though I haven't painted her yet.

The confusion and conflicting information regarding the pledge management (from both Official and unofficial sources) was one of my chief sources of concern* with the Bones 2 Kickstarter.  I'm happy to see that some steps have been made to address this.  The lack of any clear distinct indicator of the state of the pledge (being told to "lock-in" when no such thing existed) was needlessly obtuse.

One concern about the current set-up is shipping though.  With International Order in Bones 2, there was a breakpoint where the shipping went up dramatically above a certain level (I think for myself it was about $420 or so), where it increased by about $40-50 outright, even if I only added a $10-20 add-on.  I don't object to the shipping charges, but I'd like to know in advance.  Especially when a small net increase can sway the total.

So, is there anyway that shipping can be included (or estimated) within the Pledge Calculator / Pledge Manager.  That would be swell.

Ray

*: The second would be the relatively poor communications, especially with respect to delays.  I'm thinking especially of Update 97, when the backers were informed for the first time of significant production problems and delays, shortly before the initial fulfilment date.  I hope that kind of thing doesn't happen again.

Shipping is based largely on the size of the package, even over the actual weight of the package. I learned this the hard way when I sent something that only weighed a few pounds, but was an awkward size, so I had to put it in a large box. The price of the shipping shocked me, so the clerk explained to exactly why the shipping was so high when my box was so light for it's size. The more room the thing takes up on their trucks and planes, the more the shipping companies are going to charge to move it.

The boxes for Dragons Don't Share 2 and Khanjira were pretty long, which made for pretty big boxes. This alone would have given you a steep shipping price. As you add things on, eventually your box is going to move up to the next size, and that's where you see your shipping increase.

I'm no expert, and maybe it would too difficult, but perhaps there would be a way to indicate shipping categories, where you're basically filling up your box and you can see at what point your box is "full" and you're about to jump to the next size box (or shipping rate).

Just a thought.

11540840_700859600059595_470122250042735

You just won the interwebs for today Sir. Congratulations! *clap clap*

• Like 7