Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

Been haunting this thread for a few days. Really want to say to the artist that drew up the froghemoth, gazebo, with cake; freaking awesome!

I guess I would like to see more stuff from the Monster Manuel that gets overlooked.

Hags

Nightmares

Gith

Ettercaps

Chuul

Etc...

Also more strange horrifying aberration like things.

• Like 6

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesssssss.   Mass cavalry is the final element I need to turn my living room into the Siege of Gondor.

Having just read the Lord of the Rings for the 20th (goblin math) time, a proper Minas Tirith would want Rohirrim, Haradrim, and identifiable different Gondorians (for Prince Imrahil's retinue). New sculpts, or do you think the existing Reaper metals would cover that?

Ideally, each of those would be represented by at least 2 or 3 variations...

• Like 2

72 hours, it's the final countdown.

Shipping is the final countdown.

Ah, but there are many, many, final countdowns along the way. Final countdown to launch, final countdown to KS ending, final countdown to leaving China, final countdown to arriving to Reaper, final countdown to shipping, final countdown to all packages out the door, final countdown to last recipient, and finally the final countdown to Bones IV announcement.

I'm really looking forward to that one!

Looking back at the core 30 - I am super excited for at lest half of the models. I think it is a really good line up. That said, here is my wishlist(s)

There are 2 models that Reaper have that Id love to see converted to their bones range, that I have been asking for since the first KS

03000: Kyra & Lavarath

14086: Giant Eagle

Outside of that Id really like to see decor, townfolk (including bandits), & large-huge monsters (I did a more in depth list here)

I know they will have at least a few PCs (though I think they are less needed) but if they are doing them Id like to see those that are less represented (Unarmed monk/brawler, Half-orcs, gnomes, druids). They arent models Im hugely excited about but Id like to see them.

I also have a rather large pinterest board of "Reaper Metal Id like to see in Bones" - its less selective than I usually am in my lists but its still more precise than "all of Reapers Metals"  :devil:

Let the games begin already...  :bday:

Excellent list... 

2 days... 2 hours... 

• Like 2

Just in case it was missed in my earlier posts . . .

Roderick and Glitter!!!

A new spiffier sculpt would be cool, but a conversions works as well . . . 

(though a new sculpt might allow me to use the new Roderick as the Warlord and the converted version as an airborne troop!)

• Like 2

I kinda wanna see a bones piece that's a book on a creepy pedestal - necromancer tome? Book of armaments?

Just make sure you say the magic words before you mess with it.

Now I have kids of my own old enough for D&D, and I introduce a lot of high school students to the hobby. Am I a bad person for wanting a froghemoth of my very own?

Not at all.

I second the more aberrations/weird stuff sentiment.

• Like 4

I know they will have at least a few PCs (though I think they are less needed) but if they are doing them Id like to see those that are less represented (Unarmed monk/brawler, Half-orcs, gnomes, druids).

Yes to more PC monks, half-orcs. gnomes. and druids!

• Like 1

I'd love to see more Monster Manual/bestiary figures. I was unreasonably pumped for the Carrionnot Crawler last time and things like the oxidation beast. I wouldn't mind some displacer beasts or, as has been mentioned, a mass of hobgoblins. We've got regular goblins and bugbears. I think it's high time that we saw the more strategically minded goblinoids make their debut (and taking a cue from the 5E art and giving them a fantasy Asia vibe would just slay me).

I would also like to see some more PCs. I know we have a ton, but specifically I'd love to see less dual wielders and more folks using, say, a maul, greataxe, or (my personal favorite) a greatsword. There have been a few, but not nearly as many people who have a blade in both hands, which seems weird to me since I would guess that dual wielding is less likely than a 2-hander or a weapon/shield combo. It does look cool though. I'm also all for the sentiment of the less-common PC races getting some love. Gnomes, halflings, more hellborn would be good, half orcs, etc.

• Like 4

Yesssssss.   Mass cavalry is the final element I need to turn my living room into the Siege of Gondor.

Having just read the Lord of the Rings for the 20th (goblin math) time, a proper Minas Tirith would want Rohirrim, Haradrim, and identifiable different Gondorians (for Prince Imrahil's retinue). New sculpts, or do you think the existing Reaper metals would cover that?

Ideally, each of those would be represented by at least 2 or 3 variations...

It's metaphorical Gondor, not Gondor-Gondor.  Mostly just a lot of Anhurians, orcs, trolls... and enough Terraclips for a person to live in. 

Basically, you know how most D&D groups don't do much with keeps and troop followers because they think it's boring?

It isn't when I do it. 

• Like 10

I'm really hoping to see more Numenera.

you and Miss Melons will need to team up to form a Numenera pestering squad, to drive Bryan mad with requests until he complies.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to drive him mad. Walking is even a bit of a stretch... I think we're there already. I certainly would be after running 3 kickstarters, and getting ready to run a 4th and 5th!!

• Like 3