Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Also, Kyra & Lavarath.

Huuuuuuuge YES PLZ.

Vote for no myself on this one. I have them in metal + the alt wings from Ebonwrath to make it even more impressive.

Is rather see something else like a existing dragon or even better something new.

I have taken backdraft's great list & linked Bones models that either equivalent or would be good stand ins on the gaming table, particularly if painted right. Hopefully this is helpful to other people, including backdraft.

Note: * indicates monsters Id personally love to see in Bones

Great list, you found some good minis to fill in a lot of gaps for the 5e MM.

Some of your choices don't really work well though, mostly due to size. The Vrock, at around 12' tall is far too large for a Aarakocra, which is on the smallish size of medium (only 5' tall, though with a 20' wing span).

An imp is only 2' tall, and the quasit is even smaller at 1-1/2' tall; both are considered tiny. the Babau and Nabassu are both on the bigger size of medium, standing 6' and 7' tall respectively. Your Homunculus suggestion of hordlings though, would probably also work for imps or quasits.

I've actually found the best mini for a Galeb Duhr is a good sized rock. They are supposed to be undetectable from a boulder when they are motionless, so it works well. Especially if you put a half dozen or so large ones on the table, players start to get real paranoid when one of them animates and starts to attack. In a similar way, terrain items work great for animated objects, a couple chairs and a table work just fine, an animated version shouldn't look much different, and would hardly be worth a separate purchase.

Size wise the Deva is a good match for the Erinyes, but visually I don't think it matches up well. The Erinyes is a devil, and should be visibly evil especially with the horns. I love the 5e Erinyes, it's one of my favorite pictures/monsters in the Monster Manual. She's a heavily armoured warrior-type, unlike the beautiful seductress style of Sophie and her succubus sisters. She's also a one of the toughest devils in the book, and deserves her own representation.

We need a 5e Erinyes!

ErinYES please.

• Like 1

Huuuuuuuge YES PLZ.

Vote for no myself on this one. I have them in metal + the alt wings from Ebonwrath to make it even more impressive.

Is rather see something else like a existing dragon or even better something new.

Yes, New!!  As cool as many of the older sculpts are, the newer ones are so much better!!

Pretty sure we can--and will--have both new and old stuff, you know. :lol:

• Like 3

I just... I haven't even STARTED my KS2 guys yet! I don't collect a paycheck until September! I NEED MORE TIME!!

• Like 3

Bryan and the Reaperpeeps,

With less than 24 hours 'till this thing gets rolling, I thought it would be good to put the following out there. This is an awesome product and those of us who've been here for the previous Kickstarters know things are about to get hectic for you guys. Please excuse us for pestering you for new previews and lists of things we want Bones-ified. We're just really excited.

We also have your backs to the best we can. We'll be watching the forums here, and the comments on the KS project page, trying to help you where we can by answering questions and keeping the excitement running high for the project. There will be some clueless, demanding, obnoxious elf-holes crawling out of the woodwork. Please don't let them get to you. Keep up the good work you guys did on the last projects and you will have another amazeballs Kickstarter.

• Like 21

Pretty sure we can--and will--have both new and old stuff, you know. :lol:

I'm sure! Mostly I was referring to dragons...

With less than 24 hours 'till this thing gets rolling, I thought it would be good to put the following out there. This is an awesome product and those of us who've been here for the previous Kickstarters know things are about to get hectic for you guys. Please excuse us for pestering you for new previews and lists of things we want Bones-ified. We're just really excited.

We also have your backs to the best we can. We'll be watching the forums here, and the comments on the KS project page, trying to help you where we can by answering questions and keeping the excitement running high for the project. There will be some clueless, demanding, obnoxious elf-holes crawling out of the woodwork. Please don't let them get to you. Keep up the good work you guys did on the last projects and you will have another amazeballs Kickstarter.

Hear, hear!!!

• Like 7

uImQGlv.jpg

Well played. ::D:

Squee, just realized it goes live at 8am my time, not 10 (forgot to convert the time, aha), so I'll be able to jump on and enjoy the ride for a couple of hours before work! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

As long as I'm out here in the Bay area, I figure I'll take advantage of the jet lag to get to the office around 7:30, and sit here camping out until we go live. ^_^

Is it Tuesday yet? :bday:

It's a quarter to five on Tuesday morning here. So the KS goes live at 3am for me.

Good thing I'm on graveyard shift sleeping pattern again.

• Like 2

Thank's Mike!  We're crossing our eyes and dotting our tease today to make sure everything is good for launch!

EDIT: Apparently I am not to cross my eyes for that long. My face now hurts. Why did nobody explain to me that it was "dotting our i's and crossing our t's"?

Signs up to join the ReaperMob.
  • Like 8

Thank's Mike! We're crossing our eyes and dotting our tease today to make sure everything is good for launch!

EDIT: Apparently I am not to cross my eyes for that long. My face now hurts. Why did nobody explain to me that it was "dotting our i's and crossing our t's"?

No dotting your eyes either, Mo. POW! Woo woo woo!

• Like 4

Has anyoneanyone recently mentioned a desire for more Reptus figures in bones?

It looks like my homebrew game late this year will have a type of dragon people as a major race, so I can definitely use some options!

Edited by gothikaiju
  • Like 6

Is there going to be something on the Kickstarter site about Bones 3 before tomorrow at 0800PST?

Redacted: I found this answer as "No" above 2 pages ago.

• Like 1