Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Leaving work early in the morning mainly cause I don't want to be here....::): prob gives me 1 1/2 hrs till the start. Might try & get the lawns mowed before the temps climb.

Good idea. Five hours to kill and a lot of energy to burn. My house will never be so clean.

• Like 2

Just over 6 hours left until this thing launches. I wasn't able to get in on the last 2.

I've never been so pumped for a Kickstarter!

I am not really so nervous.  ^_^  I have no idea what is going to be offered and there is no early bird option to worry about, either.

The SG will most likely already be determined, so we backers will have no influence on that. I expect most of it will be stuff I will re-sell/give away immediately.

A bit like Zombicide. Although it is great value, I was not very interested in following the campaign with all the (mostly rather unexciting) survivor SGs.

Also, the shipping thing (no sign of a distribution center in Europe, so I wil lilkely pay twice the amount an US backer pays, but may have missed an update) is rather underwhelming. :wacko:

Where I live, it will start at 17:00 hours, so just after I got back home from work!

Edited by Findariel

I have taken backdraft's great list & linked Bones models that either equivalent or would be good stand ins on the gaming table, particularly if painted right. Hopefully this is helpful to other people, including backdraft.

Note: * indicates monsters Id personally love to see in Bones

Great list, you found some good minis to fill in a lot of gaps for the 5e MM.

Some of your choices don't really work well though, mostly due to size. The Vrock, at around 12' tall is far too large for a Aarakocra, which is on the smallish size of medium (only 5' tall, though with a 20' wing span).

An imp is only 2' tall, and the quasit is even smaller at 1-1/2' tall; both are considered tiny. the Babau and Nabassu are both on the bigger size of medium, standing 6' and 7' tall respectively. Your Homunculus suggestion of hordlings though, would probably also work for imps or quasits.

I've actually found the best mini for a Galeb Duhr is a good sized rock. They are supposed to be undetectable from a boulder when they are motionless, so it works well. Especially if you put a half dozen or so large ones on the table, players start to get real paranoid when one of them animates and starts to attack. In a similar way, terrain items work great for animated objects, a couple chairs and a table work just fine, an animated version shouldn't look much different, and would hardly be worth a separate purchase.

Size wise the Deva is a good match for the Erinyes, but visually I don't think it matches up well. The Erinyes is a devil, and should be visibly evil especially with the horns. I love the 5e Erinyes, it's one of my favorite pictures/monsters in the Monster Manual. She's a heavily armoured warrior-type, unlike the beautiful seductress style of Sophie and her succubus sisters. She's also a one of the toughest devils in the book, and deserves her own representation.

We need a 5e Erinyes!

Thanks for the info. Im fairly new in the world of RPing. We play pathfinder here & are looking at starting a 5th Ed. group but I havent really come across much in the way of obscure monsters. My husband is much more up on that stuff - he is the DM of the house, I just paint. I looked them up but I was rushing through as there were a lot to go through. I like the rocks on the gaming table to make your players nervous. 

This thread will be locked tomorrow morning and a new thread will be started, just FYI. There shouldn't be over 176 pages of posts for people to wade through before finding information about the live project.

For some reason this made me giggle hysterically - it could be the lack of sleep I had last night, but the idea that it hasnt even started and we have run up 157 pages is incredibly amusing

3am start tomorrow morning!  I have a suspicion that I will not be pledging until a more civilized hour.

Oh no! you'll miss ALL the early birds!  :down:

They tend to ship international separately anyway!

Im in the same boat, it starts at 1am (I think, Im bad at time converts) where I am (NSW, Australia) and Im not really concerned about missing the early birds based on how shipping went in the last couple kickstarters - international was sent in one go. That said, I want to watch the madness unfold in the first few hours.  :unsure:

For Bones 2, I went to bed on time planning on getting up & pledge in the morning - but the excitement got to me & I was wide awake 20 mins before it started. I ended up giving up on sleep & getting up & I managed to pledge in wave 1. I watched for over an hour before exhaustion hit & I went back to bed in the early hours. So who knows, maybe I will be up after all.

Yeah... looking at the time now while I'm slightly more awake 1am looks right.... QLD, Australia

• Like 1

They only shipped the waves out back to back and at an accelerated pace because they were late. Had everything been in on time, what makes you think Reaper would not have abided by the X waves a month schedule listed in the pledge levels? The effort and labor to ship everything out at the speed they have done it at for the first two KS was not free to Reaper. If Reaper gets the product on time for bones 3, a lot of late pledgers will be SCREAMING mad when they find out the timetable will get followed.

Warehouse costs. Of course, they're not going to ship at an accelerated pace suchthat their costs increase (eg. overtime) or mistakes become more likely.

Pretty sure backers who find themselves at end of the queue are gonna find a reason to SCREAM regardless...!

Edited by ced1106

They only shipped the waves out back to back and at an accelerated pace because they were late. Had everything been in on time, what makes you think Reaper would not have abided by the X waves a month schedule listed in the pledge levels? The effort and labor to ship everything out at the speed they have done it at for the first two KS was not free to Reaper. If Reaper gets the product on time for bones 3, a lot of late pledgers will be SCREAMING mad when they find out the timetable will get followed.

Warehouse costs. Of course, they're not going to ship at an accelerated pace suchthat their costs increase (eg. overtime) or mistakes become more likely.

Pretty sure backers who find themselves at end of the queue are gonna find a reason to SCREAM regardless...!

With excitement that their Bones are on the way!!

I have taken backdraft's great list & linked Bones models that either equivalent or would be good stand ins on the gaming table, particularly if painted right. Hopefully this is helpful to other people, including backdraft.

Note: * indicates monsters Id personally love to see in Bones

Great list, you found some good minis to fill in a lot of gaps for the 5e MM.

Some of your choices don't really work well though, mostly due to size. The Vrock, at around 12' tall is far too large for a Aarakocra, which is on the smallish size of medium (only 5' tall, though with a 20' wing span).

An imp is only 2' tall, and the quasit is even smaller at 1-1/2' tall; both are considered tiny. the Babau and Nabassu are both on the bigger size of medium, standing 6' and 7' tall respectively. Your Homunculus suggestion of hordlings though, would probably also work for imps or quasits.

I've actually found the best mini for a Galeb Duhr is a good sized rock. They are supposed to be undetectable from a boulder when they are motionless, so it works well. Especially if you put a half dozen or so large ones on the table, players start to get real paranoid when one of them animates and starts to attack. In a similar way, terrain items work great for animated objects, a couple chairs and a table work just fine, an animated version shouldn't look much different, and would hardly be worth a separate purchase.

Size wise the Deva is a good match for the Erinyes, but visually I don't think it matches up well. The Erinyes is a devil, and should be visibly evil especially with the horns. I love the 5e Erinyes, it's one of my favorite pictures/monsters in the Monster Manual. She's a heavily armoured warrior-type, unlike the beautiful seductress style of Sophie and her succubus sisters. She's also a one of the toughest devils in the book, and deserves her own representation.

We need a 5e Erinyes!

Thanks for the info. Im fairly new in the world of RPing. We play pathfinder here & are looking at starting a 5th Ed. group but I havent really come across much in the way of obscure monsters. My husband is much more up on that stuff - he is the DM of the house, I just paint. I looked them up but I was rushing through as there were a lot to go through. I like the rocks on the gaming table to make your players nervous. 

This thread will be locked tomorrow morning and a new thread will be started, just FYI. There shouldn't be over 176 pages of posts for people to wade through before finding information about the live project.

For some reason this made me giggle hysterically - it could be the lack of sleep I had last night, but the idea that it hasnt even started and we have run up 157 pages is incredibly amusing

3am start tomorrow morning!  I have a suspicion that I will not be pledging until a more civilized hour.

Oh no! you'll miss ALL the early birds!  :down:

They tend to ship international separately anyway!

Im in the same boat, it starts at 1am (I think, Im bad at time converts) where I am (NSW, Australia) and Im not really concerned about missing the early birds based on how shipping went in the last couple kickstarters - international was sent in one go. That said, I want to watch the madness unfold in the first few hours.  :unsure:

For Bones 2, I went to bed on time planning on getting up & pledge in the morning - but the excitement got to me & I was wide awake 20 mins before it started. I ended up giving up on sleep & getting up & I managed to pledge in wave 1. I watched for over an hour before exhaustion hit & I went back to bed in the early hours. So who knows, maybe I will be up after all.

Yeah... looking at the time now while I'm slightly more awake 1am looks right.... QLD, Australia

I thought so, I was pretty sure it was 3am in NZ.

• Like 1

RE: shipping---Sure I'd like to get a super early wave, but real life isn't gonna let me play along until sometime later this afternoon. I'll get whichever wave I get. They'll get to me when they get to me. I've backed both of the other KS's and I got my stuff. That's what's important to me. I know Reaper will follow through, so I'm good.

• Like 4

Yeah, I mostly want Wave 1 for bragging rights, not because I'm worried about getting my stuff, or because I'm in need of more unpainted minis...

• Like 6

So, after shaping my schedule around the KS launch, I just realized that I will be camping in an area with no internet connection when the campaign ends. Nature sucks.

• Like 2

So, after shaping my schedule around the KS launch, I just realized that I will be camping in an area with no internet connection when the campaign ends. Nature sucks.

Well, it'll be exciting when you get home...

• Like 2