Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not that long before Bones 3 starts. I would have been fine if Reaper took another year before announcing the Kickstarter but now that they announced and then postponed it would feel like a tease and having seen all the possible great miniatures for Bones 3 the wait would be difficult.

• Like 8

Legendary Encounters is during the fall I think. I'm pretty sure I heard Ron say that during the banquet. It was right before he Bones 3 announcement. It'll probably occur October/November.

You are correct. They did say 'this fall' for the LE kickstarter.

• Like 8

It's important to keep in mind that the next Bones KS isn't an "all or nothing" affair, and that the figures produced as a result will eventually be available via retail.  One can always bow out of Bones III itself and pick up the figures they like later, once they've addressed their current horde o' Bones.   ^_^

One of the disappointments I've had with Bones I & II, is that when I go into my FLGS and see their wall of Bones, it's hard to find something I don't have yet. I _want_ to buy more Bones from them, but I have most of them already.

I have a similar problem, though there were a few Bones II options I didn't get that I could purchase separately, such as Narthrax, which I bought almost immediately and already have on display proudly.

I didn't get to participate in Bones I, though, since I'd just lost my job earlier that year, and was only just then getting a new one to help pay the bills. There's still a few giants and such from it that I'm interested in getting, but I plan to diminish my overall collection of Bones II unpainted minis first...

• Like 3

Legendary Encounters is during the fall I think. I'm pretty sure I heard Ron say that during the banquet. It was right before he Bones 3 announcement. It'll probably occur October/November.

You are correct. They did say 'this fall' for the LE kickstarter.

Which was more or less my point. If they push Bones 3 too far back, it will start bumping into LE. I'm assuming that LE is more firm on what models to produce than B3.

Suppose CAV fulfillment is in July. Smaller, but still disruptive. August to catch back up on retail and a buffer for issues. The window for B3 is then Sep or Oct, if LE holds to Oct or Nov. I cannot imagine trying to run two KSs back to back.

Swapping places gives them a bit more time to plan B3. I could be off on all the assumptions, too. As Werkrobotwerk mentioned, if they make dual use molds (Bones and LE), that muddles the picture.

They could surprise us all and still pop in June, but later in the month.

• Like 4

It's important to keep in mind that the next Bones KS isn't an "all or nothing" affair, and that the figures produced as a result will eventually be available via retail.  One can always bow out of Bones III itself and pick up the figures they like later, once they've addressed their current horde o' Bones.   ^_^

One of the disappointments I've had with Bones I & II, is that when I go into my FLGS and see their wall of Bones, it's hard to find something I don't have yet. I _want_ to buy more Bones from them, but I have most of them already.

I think this is termed first world problems. :P

• Like 14

Since my LGS's don't carry Bones this isn't a problem for me. Althought there is a LGS about a hour and a half away that carries them, I don't often find myself down that way, and when I do, I'm more interested to see if they have gotten any back issues of KODT that I don't have anyway.

Edited by dwarvenranger
  • Like 1

Also, it only seems so soon because we just recently got our rewards from Bones 2.  If you look back on when the KS actually was live, it's been over a year.  So that's not so bad.  I suppose that it hurts people more if they are heavily into KS's.  Personally, Bones are one of my only "big" KS.  The only other big ones (> $100-150) I've backed have been the DSM ones.

So much this. I just sank $255 into a gaming Kickstarter in late April. My fundage is low.

OTOH, this is encouraging me to eBay the troll out of my Netrunner swag...

Edited by etherial
  • Like 3

I want it to start soon, because we figure it's about a year to a year and a half by the time we get to tiamat in the Dragon queen modules, and I should be able to order her, get her, and paint her by the time we get there.

I refuse to fight her until I have the mini painted and on the table.

• Like 10

I would love to see 03147: Thunderworm as a bones option. it would make that army building so much more affordable... Not sure what else i would be looking for though. perhaps loads of townguard?

Yeah, I've been asking for that + the Dwarven Egineer Crew since the beginning of BONES 2.

• Like 4

Suppose CAV fulfillment is in July. Smaller, but still disruptive. August to catch back up on retail and a buffer for issues. The window for B3 is then Sep or Oct, if LE holds to Oct or Nov. I cannot imagine trying to run two KSs back to back.

Assuming CAV fulfillment in July, would that significantly impact running Bones 3?  CAV was smaller scope that Bones I/II, so I wouldn't expect it to be an "all hands" effort.  Barring any unforeseen issues, it seems reasonable that Bones 3 could be initiated while CAV was fulfillment was underway.

• Like 7