Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

I've realized I'm afraid to buy any Reaper stuff until after the next Kickstarter concludes...I don't need more doubles...aaagh...

• Like 8

I kind of enjoy having duplicates. It gives me a chance to try something out, or to have 2 different ones for d&d. Also, I think the pewter ones have much crisper details, so I could compare them if I needed to figure out if something was an arm or a piece of a sword, etc.

• Like 5

I kind of enjoy having duplicates. It gives me a chance to try something out, or to have 2 different ones for d&d. Also, I think the pewter ones have much crisper details, so I could compare them if I needed to figure out if something was an arm or a piece of a sword, etc.

Oh, I have plenty (especially in Bones) but say, big stuff that's going to be a fraction of the price...

• Like 4

Very true. I never would have paid for the hill giants, but I love them.

I did save what, $70, by waiting a decade...sigh.

Now the Fire Giant King, that one was sad, since I had JUST painted him when Bones I hit.  And not gotten him long before that...

• Like 4

I don't mind duplicates, not that I've gotten any sense the Bones II kickstarter was one of the first miniatures I've gotten other than the How To Paint kit.
I'll still grab a few minis, it tends to be of more obscure things like the were creatures, compulsive purchases I get from my local game store because I need them 'now' instead of later. 

• Like 2

I think part of the apparent increased frequency of the Bones KS's is due to the numbers of new backers that each Bones kickstarter attracts. From personal experience after each KS I've spoken with a lot of people who were sorry they missed it and would be interested in backing one in the future.

It's the Bones veterans who've backed both KS's and already have drawers and boxes full of the little white hordes that have become a bit shell shocked by the sheer volume our collections have grown by, and are becoming more particular about what to add to them.

So many times this!

I got in on both KS I & II. I can hardly wrap my brain around the number of minis I got, and I will still back KS III. :wacko:

Anything that brings new people into the hobby, or causes folks who had left it to return, is a good thing.

If that means more frequent KS's to keep the new backer momentum going with new hoards of minis being offered, well... I don't Have to collect them all.

It's important to keep in mind that the next Bones KS isn't an "all or nothing" affair, and that the figures produced as a result will eventually be available via retail.  One can always bow out of Bones III itself and pick up the figures they like later, once they've addressed their current horde o' Bones.   ^_^

But.... must... have.... all... the... Bones!

• Like 4

Anything that brings new people into the hobby, or causes folks who had left it to return, is a good thing.

If that means more frequent KS's to keep the new backer momentum going with new hoards of minis being offered, well... I don't Have to collect them all.

It's important to keep in mind that the next Bones KS isn't an "all or nothing" affair, and that the figures produced as a result will eventually be available via retail.  One can always bow out of Bones III itself and pick up the figures they like later, once they've addressed their current horde o' Bones.   ^_^

I addressed my Bones I and Bones II minis last night and told them their numbers would be increasing with Bones III, and that if they have a problem with that, they'll have to wait even longer to feel the loving touch of a paintbrush!

So we're a week out from when the original start date was going to be... when do you think they'll let us know when it's actually going to start?

• Like 5

While I am very happy with the delay, I can understand why Reaper would want to have Kickstarters as quickly as possible. After all, they can't make money on a product until it is produced. So, the sooner it is produced, the sooner Reaper can sell it and make money on it.

• Like 3

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Is it live yet?

• Like 6

Man I wish.....  but I haven't seen or heard anything in an official capacity.  but I don't twiter....  so there could be something there, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

I really hope that they'll at least have the new date available by June 8th...  I can handle waiting, I just like to be able to pace myself appropriately. 

• Like 6

You can't compare the two kickstarters directly.  Bones 1 had a number of people from EU because of extremely cheap shipping,  Bones 2 lost a lot of people from EU because of expensive shipping.  In order to state that the comparison between the two indicates less interest you would have to take the ratio of NA and EU backers seperately and discard the EU comparison.

Granted that numbers are numbers when it comes to backers, but even with Bones I the RoWers were a minority.  While I'm sure there were much fewer RoWers in Bones II, I would be surprised if that alone accounted for any difference between Bones I and Bones II.  I suspect that 1) the glut of other KS projects within the same timeframe and 2) people having enough figures from Bones I were more significant factors.

• Like 3