Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Dwarven Forge and Myth pledge managers to worry about, so the extra time is fine by me.

DF let me down this year so I have a bucket load of money I'd set aside to throw at them that looks like Reaper gets now. I have way more minis than I'll ever need by how far in on Bones II I went and not enough space to properly display/use everything, but I don't care. I need something to be happy/excited about, ready to throw my money at Reaper again.

• Like 7

I hear you Jessie. DF 3 looked way too niche unless one intends to run WFRP with heavy mini use or one's D&D games have high collateral damage in-town battles often. Also IMHO the insides were going to way too cramped unless one bought a LOT. 

DF1 was great for me since I run 10' wide corridors = 3 characters side by side as in the 1E DMG; specifically because I don't like overly cramped dungeons. Players need room to move, I need room to fit big hungry monsters in the dungeon. 

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 1

I would love to see a few things, but I expect that it is a little late for requests.

If not, Bones Couatl, Rakshasa, more mindflayers, dinosaurs (as mounts and without riders, too), and a few others come to mind.

• Like 5

I really hope they either redo the gauth sculpt like they did with kaladrax or at least just put the normal scupt into bones I have the metal version but like him so much I wouldnt mind a second

Gauth has eluded my clutches for far too long.

I'm hoping for a redo. Original Gauth had too much bipedal influence in posture and body structure, IMHO. Maybe it could work for a mini for Borys of Ebe or some other human turned dragon, but i generally prefer more quadrupedal looking than Gauth. Which is why I've been VERY happy with most of Reaper's Bones Dragons.

Me too. I like Gauth, but an updated Gauth would be even better. Pewter Gauth in Bones might be subject to the same stability issues that plagued Verocithrax and Deathsleet.

• Like 5

I would love to see a few things, but I expect that it is a little late for requests.

If not, Bones Couatl, Rakshasa, more mindflayers, dinosaurs (as mounts and without riders, too), and a few others come to mind.

I've no doubt most of Bones 3 is already laid out, but... You never know when something suggested might capture someone's fancy at Reaper HQ and still get added in.

• Like 6

The pack donkey they released last year, so you can buy five and have a baggage train.

To be honest, I cannot complain as there is a large wardog in the pictures, which could be used as mount, pack dog, etc.

The pack donkey is metal though, not Bones.

If folks want to create an baggage train at an affordable price, we need a Bones version.

• Like 4

Yes, I budget for games, but that budget is only $100/month.

Me too.  That's why I love KS.  I can spend $100 from April 2016 when a KS delivers, today :lol:

Yup... but then I budget for everything.... I have a mortgage... 

But again... my currently monthly entertainment/fun/hobby category is tapped out (I stole from it (and house stuff and house repair and car repair etc) to buy ceiling fans..... and I still need to get them installed)

Edited by kay13
  • Like 2

I hope there will be a lot of nice models in bones III.

Although I missed the first two though, really a pity that I missed out on so many affordable stuff!! :unsure:

Which can still be bought (on eBay) but often for 400% of the KS price. Especially the big ones!

• Like 2