Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the countdown clock. Helps with the planning.

The tentacle thingee is a Cthulu inspired mini. I can't recall which one thou.

• Like 5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the eldritch critter with all the tentacles supposed to be again?

I'm guessing it's a Not - Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath. I say a 'not-dark young' because while many Lovecraftain things have fallen into de facto public domain, like the phrase "Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!", other things have not. The shape and name of the "dark young" was a more modern creation of authors who's works might have not yet entered PD. The shape of the monster specifically was a creation of Bloch in 1951, while naming them 'dark young' was done by Chaosium when they were bulking up their bestiary.

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 8

Yes, yes.  And when we get there you'll be all "Pass me my wallet, I need mah credit cards!"

I don't need anyone to pass me my wallet...I remember my credit card numbers.

The rest of us remember your credit card numbers too. So long and thanks for all the fishes. Er, figures. :devil:

Hmmm...a month away is it?  That should give me enough time to print...I mean earn some extra money.

Note to the NSA or whoever else is monitoring this: I'm kidding.

Note to Treasury department. He's not kidding. But could you wait for the bust until I can steal his EB slot?

That's our Fearful Leader, Space Pope Bryan.

What?

Yeah, I think I'll skip the early bird this time. I only got my BONES 2 EB about three weeks ahead of Wave 10 anyway.

It's all about the prestige, man!
  • Like 4

I don care about early bird ( BLASPHEMY I know!)

As a very late backer and ROW, I waited for Bones II, My stuff was sent rather quickly so no hassle there.

Since I own many 20 miniatures... I will propably get very picky about what to back.

However, yes Iḿ excited to see all those new minis.

And now to see if I can pass the willsave..

• Like 2

I don care about early bird ( BLASPHEMY I know!)

As a very late backer and ROW, I waited for Bones II, My stuff was sent rather quickly so no hassle there.

Since I own many 20 miniatures... I will propably get very picky about what to back.

However, yes Iḿ excited to see all those new minis.

And now to see if I can pass the willsave..

Since you already own 20 minis, that's a perfect reason not to be picky.  It's not like your mini count can go over 20, ya know?

• Like 6

Gah.. it's going to end the last day of Pennsic.. glad I get 4G out there.. going to be hard to keep up with my pledge total.. can i just send a blank check?  lol

Pennsic happens every year....  Bones III only happens once....   just sayin...   :P

• Like 5

She is Black Goat

Aww man.  I need one of those.  Dang.

Don't we all need all of the miniatures?!

The obvious correct answer is yes..any deviation in thought from that answer will require re-education.

• Like 6

You know, it's funny... now that we know when the kickstarter is launching, my excitement level has eased off. I'm still looking forward to it, and I'm still going to back it as hard as I can, but... my attention isn't on it as much. Now, come July 1? I'm sure I'll be just as psyched as I was when it was first announced. For the moment though, I'm more focused on my 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge Dragon project.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

• Like 5

Having seen the sculpts at ReaperCon, I can say I'm definitely excited. That said, I am also on a painting binge to gut through my mountain of 20 miniatures to have a sufficient supply for tabletop gamin and to practice some skills for future entires in contests like Reapercon.

• Like 8

• Members

Gah.. it's going to end the last day of Pennsic.. glad I get 4G out there.. going to be hard to keep up with my pledge total.. can i just send a blank check?  lol

Pennsic happens every year....  Bones III only happens once....   just sayin...   :P

I know but thats tear down day.. they get annoyed when i sit around and just refresh my phone all day ;)

• Like 6