Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

I am really looking forward to this, but I have some questions?  How does the addon system work and can you have multiple of the same addons, because I really want to get a couple of the pretty 5 headed dragons which might make it into the bones 3 kickstarter.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to this, but I have some questions?  How does the addon system work and can you have multiple of the same addons, because I really want to get a couple of the pretty 5 headed dragons which might make it into the bones 3 kickstarter.

The details will depend on how the project is structured, but essentially you would just up your pledge by the amount necessary to cover the additional add-ons.

For example, let's say it's a $100 Core Set and there's a $20 Option you want three of.  So you'd pledge for $100 + (3 x $20) = $160.

Edited by Magnus Mercury
  • Like 5

For any addon, simply increase your pledge amount to cover the quantity of that addon. We have a pledge manager that allows you to specify which rewards you are requesting for the amount paid.

As an example, if that dragon is $25, and you want 3 of it, simply increase your pledge by $75. In our pledge manager tool, you will give us your address and specify that you want 3 dragons.

For any addon, simply increase your pledge amount to cover the quantity of that addon. We have a pledge manager that allows you to specify which rewards you are requesting for the amount paid.

As an example, if that dragon is $25, and you want 3 of it, simply increase your pledge by $75. In our pledge manager tool, you will give us your address and specify that you want 3 dragons.

And I'm guessing that's not meant to be taken as a confirmation on price.

How is the sculpting on that dragon coming anyway? Curious as to what the wings will end up looking like.

• Like 6

So I completely overcommitted on Bones 1. For a year (not going to state the exorbitant number) of unpainted minis glared upon me with dissaproving contempt from the shelves where they sat untouched. Then came Bones 2, and after painting a hugely sum of maybe 40 minis from Bones 1, I deceived myself in thinking it would be a good thing to pledge Bones 2 and get more awesome minis. It would surely motivate me to paint more in anticipation for the Bones 2. More minis is always a good thing right?

So I completely overcommitted on Bones 2. Now double that exorbitant number of unpainted minis, which are quite the force. The mini boxes take up a concerning amount of bookcases in my den. I need to find some sort of sorcery that will transform my 50 painted minis to come to life and start painting their brethren. Now comes Bones 3, and after painting a hugely sum of maybe 50 minis from Bones 1 & 2, I am in the process of totally putting up a convincing debate as to why I should not buy more awesome minis. I know how this debate is going to end. It would surely motivate me to paint more in anticipation for the Bones 3. More minis is always a good thing right?

If this isn't bad enough, CMON is Kickstarting another Zombicide... Zombies! Bones! 

Heading out to IKEA for another bookcase.

• Like 15

So I completely overcommitted on Bones 1. For a year (not going to state the exorbitant number  20 ) of unpainted minis glared upon me with dissaproving contempt from the shelves where they sat untouched. Then came Bones 2, and after painting a hugely sum of maybe 40 minis from Bones 1, I deceived myself in thinking it would be a good thing to pledge Bones 2 and get more awesome minis. It would surely motivate me to paint more in anticipation for the Bones 2. More minis is always a good thing right?

So I completely overcommitted on Bones 2. Now double that exorbitant number of unpainted minis (20 minis times 2 = 20), which are quite the force. The mini boxes take up a concerning amount of bookcases in my den. I need to find some sort of sorcery that will transform my 50 painted minis to come to life and start painting their brethren. Now comes Bones 3, and after painting a hugely sum of maybe 50 minis from Bones 1 & 2, I am in the process of totally putting up a convincing debate as to why I should not buy more awesome minis. I know how this debate is going to end. It would surely motivate me to paint more in anticipation for the Bones 3. More minis is always a good thing right?

If this isn't bad enough, CMON is Kickstarting another Zombicide... Zombies! Bones! 

Heading out to IKEA for another bookcase.

Just fixing your math there fellow Canuck, to more accurately reflect the 20 miniatures you now have to paint!

• Like 7

I think the biggest hurdle to Bines shipping on time is quality issues. Because it looks like they try to finish some of the last ones, which get rejected for quality reasons, and then that sets everything back, because the factory has to find a spot to schedule the new production.

• Like 3

I am amused by the dozens of various lamentations about piles of unpainted minis--or having so many unpainted minis that "Alas, I'm not sure I want to get another pile of bones in Bone III." Isn't that what we are all really after is unpainted minis so that we can paint them! ::D: Very amusing indeed.

I am really looking forward to this, but I have some questions? How does the addon system work and can you have multiple of the same addons, because I really want to get a couple of the pretty 5 headed dragons which might make it into the bones 3 kickstarter.

There are parts of Bryan's statement that tickle me pink! Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 6

As long as you don't paint the eyes first you don't have to worry about the staring.

Sooooo glad this didn't start this week. Had to upgrade the chill factor of my bedroom due to early season heatwave.

• Like 8

My wishlist:

Air Elemental (To round out the available earth, fire, and water)

smaller sized elementals (02538ish)

more Townsfolk

basic animals

Iron Golem (and any other golems really)

more Dungeon Decor

more Mouselings

more Giants

some Warforged

Elemental Myrmidons

the Well of Doom (02634)

plant/vine monsters

and of course more preview pics.

• Like 9