Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More demons and devils please, to compensate for other non-Reaper KS projects that failed to deliver such miniatures

Why must you mock my losses...

And +1 by the way. I still need those types 1-4 and a good not-Asmodeus (Sophie can always cover for Glasya in a pinch).

• Like 3

More demons and devils please, to compensate for other non-Reaper KS projects that failed to deliver such miniatures

Why must you mock my losses...

And +1 by the way. I still need those types 1-4 and a good not-Asmodeus (Sophie can always cover for Glasya in a pinch).

Bones 2 had demon types 1-6 in various locations, Type 1 was in Main set; Type 2 was in expansion 2; Type 3 & 4 were in Greater demons option; Type 5 was in Thank You Set; Type 6 was in Demon Lords option.

Best Asmodeous mini I've seen USED to be carried by Reaper in the Dungeon Dwellers line. Originally Heritage brand "Devil Lord". 

• Like 1

I agree thet we need demon lords. Orcus was not big enough. We need at least a a not asmodeus, a gargantuan demogorgon and grazzt (reaper already has a nice sculpt for this one)

Aside from demons, my wishlist includes scenery add ons, air elemental and a gigantic non lich dragon

• Like 1

I would love to see more Warlord love in this KS... pretty much any of the Koborlas... The regular cavalry, mounted archers, light lancers and scouts... Icingstead needs the Yetis and other large figures in Bones.

• Like 2

I'm really happy about Reaper including mixes of awesome paints in each KS. 

I don't need anymore Bones (yes I do), no, I really don't (but I'll get more anyways). But various colors of paints I can always use more of!

On a side note, I did purchase the Darksword instructional painting DVDs from Bones 2 and really enjoyed them. 

• Like 4

So what is everyone doing in preparation for Bones III? I bought and built a DETOLF display cabinet from IKEA.

I'm hoping to have my Ebonwrath painted up and displayed, and Kaladrax underway by the time Bones III hits the base funding goal (aka minutes after it starts).

I was looking at these - I need a display area with doors to reduce dust. 

I broke out my third plastic carrying case.  I have now painted enough Bones 2 to overrun my previous boxes. 

I have 3 of these (currently displaying legos) and absolutely love them. They sell a light kit for the top too if that sort of thing strikes your fancy.

• Like 5

I have an off the wall idea.  Reaper obviously doesn't shy away from larger models that require a good bit of bonesium...

How awesome would a bonesium dice tower be?!  Can you imagine how awesome a dice tower that has figures and designs engraved in each side that we could paint would be?!  It would be, what?... four or five engraved pieces plus 3 or 4 baffles inside that we would need to glue together to have a dice tower that would be the envy of all our friends. :P

I'm posting this in the Bones II KS!

• Like 12

I have an off the wall idea.  Reaper obviously doesn't shy away from larger models that require a good bit of bonesium...

How awesome would a bonesium dice tower be?!  Can you imagine how awesome a dice tower that has figures and designs engraved in each side that we could paint would be?!  It would be, what?... four or five engraved pieces plus 3 or 4 baffles inside that we would need to glue together to have a dice tower that would be the envy of all our friends. :P

I'm posting this in the Bones II KS!

A bones dice tower could be great. One of the biggest complaints I've heard of dice towers is that they are noisy. I think they softer nature of bones would muffle the noise while still being hard enough to get the dice spinning. And a bas-relief tower could look fantastic. Imagine one with just dragon heads adorning the sides. They wouldn't even have to do new sculpts, I'd love to have profile shots of Kaladrax et. al. sitting on the gaming table.

• Like 9

<still wanting more preview pics>  ::(:

I'll be spending the next two weeks buried in hundreds of pictures and working artwork and level design for the live project.  Perhaps I can find some time to share a few teasers.

The level names need to be finalized (most of them have preliminary suggestions, but there's a few improvements we're working out in today's meeting) and there's 4 more levels to flesh out, and then we can add them to our preliminary map and begin placing various levels at various locations.

As I've described the process before it's rather like everything being on sticky notes, and we can move levels up or down the map based on backer response - removing similar levels if response was poor, adding in levels that are similar if response is good, accelerating eagerly awaited models if enthusiasm is flagging, moving levels down the road if the pace is strong (to reserve those levels for days we need a momentum boost). So while I won't get the "final" map ready - because nothing is final until the project ends - I'll have the first draft, of which the first 30 hours or so is static and won't be adjusted. Adjustments are made each morning in our daily meetings, but I need to be prepared for both the prospect of a slow first day (á la Bones 1) and a fast first day (á la Bones 2).