Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

I'd say you're likely to see a fast first day; as you've got a whole host of folks (like me) who found out about B1 mid-way through, and then jumped on B2 early...I'm in for the core set and tianot in B3 already, and will be jumping in early.

• Like 10

I have an off the wall idea.  Reaper obviously doesn't shy away from larger models that require a good bit of bonesium...

How awesome would a bonesium dice tower be?!  Can you imagine how awesome a dice tower that has figures and designs engraved in each side that we could paint would be?!  It would be, what?... four or five engraved pieces plus 3 or 4 baffles inside that we would need to glue together to have a dice tower that would be the envy of all our friends. :P

I'm posting this in the Bones II KS!

A bones dice tower could be great. One of the biggest complaints I've heard of dice towers is that they are noisy. I think they softer nature of bones would muffle the noise while still being hard enough to get the dice spinning. And a bas-relief tower could look fantastic. Imagine one with just dragon heads adorning the sides. They wouldn't even have to do new sculpts, I'd love to have profile shots of Kaladrax et. al. sitting on the gaming table.

I agree!  That would be absolutely amazing.

• Like 3

I have an off the wall idea.  Reaper obviously doesn't shy away from larger models that require a good bit of bonesium...

How awesome would a bonesium dice tower be?!  Can you imagine how awesome a dice tower that has figures and designs engraved in each side that we could paint would be?!  It would be, what?... four or five engraved pieces plus 3 or 4 baffles inside that we would need to glue together to have a dice tower that would be the envy of all our friends. :P

I'm posting this in the Bones II KS!

A bones dice tower could be great. One of the biggest complaints I've heard of dice towers is that they are noisy. I think they softer nature of bones would muffle the noise while still being hard enough to get the dice spinning. And a bas-relief tower could look fantastic. Imagine one with just dragon heads adorning the sides. They wouldn't even have to do new sculpts, I'd love to have profile shots of Kaladrax et. al. sitting on the gaming table.

I agree!  That would be absolutely amazing.

I also agree, that is a neat idea

• Like 2

<still wanting more preview pics>  ::(:

I'll be spending the next two weeks buried in hundreds of pictures and working artwork and level design for the live project.  Perhaps I can find some time to share a few teasers.

The level names need to be finalized (most of them have preliminary suggestions, but there's a few improvements we're working out in today's meeting) and there's 4 more levels to flesh out, and then we can add them to our preliminary map and begin placing various levels at various locations.

As I've described the process before it's rather like everything being on sticky notes, and we can move levels up or down the map based on backer response - removing similar levels if response was poor, adding in levels that are similar if response is good, accelerating eagerly awaited models if enthusiasm is flagging, moving levels down the road if the pace is strong (to reserve those levels for days we need a momentum boost). So while I won't get the "final" map ready - because nothing is final until the project ends - I'll have the first draft, of which the first 30 hours or so is static and won't be adjusted. Adjustments are made each morning in our daily meetings, but I need to be prepared for both the prospect of a slow first day (á la Bones 1) and a fast first day (á la Bones 2).

I find the behind the scenes stuff fascinating! I'm surprised at how flexible you are during the kickstarter, but then I'm guessing that's part of the reason they've been as successful as they've been. Also, I'm betting on a fast first day.

I'm kind of hoping that Mrs. Bones comes on a display base like the artwork with Mr. Bones hiding behind her. :-D

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 7

<still wanting more preview pics> ::(:

I'll be spending the next two weeks buried in hundreds of pictures and working artwork and level design for the live project. Perhaps I can find some time to share a few teasers.

Thank you!

I want more things to fight adventurers along with townsfolk and such. I don't need no dice tower unless it is something adventurers can kill! :;): Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 5

I want more things to fight adventurers along with townsfolk and such. I don't need no dice tower unless it is something adventurers can kill! :;):

A Bones dice tower?

....o_o I can't even....

• Like 4

I'll be spending the next two weeks buried in hundreds of pictures and working artwork and level design for the live project. Perhaps I can find some time to share a few teasers.

The level names need to be finalized (most of them have preliminary suggestions, but there's a few improvements we're working out in today's meeting) and there's 4 more levels to flesh out, and then we can add them to our preliminary map and begin placing various levels at various locations.

What was wrong with "Some of Your Monies," "Most of Your Monies," and "All of Your Monies?" Truth in advertising, right?
  • Like 11

Well, if you need any help, Bryan, I'm sure I could find some time.....

• Like 4

<still wanting more preview pics>  ::(:

I'll be spending the next two weeks buried in hundreds of pictures and working artwork and level design for the live project.  Perhaps I can find some time to share a few teasers.

As I've described the process before it's rather like everything being on sticky notes, and we can move levels up or down the map based on backer response - removing similar levels if response was poor, adding in levels that are similar if response is good, accelerating eagerly awaited models if enthusiasm is flagging, moving levels down the road if the pace is strong (to reserve those levels for days we need a momentum boost). So while I won't get the "final" map ready - because nothing is final until the project ends - I'll have the first draft, of which the first 30 hours or so is static and won't be adjusted. Adjustments are made each morning in our daily meetings, but I need to be prepared for both the prospect of a slow first day (á la Bones 1) and a fast first day (á la Bones 2).

I find the behind the scenes stuff fascinating! I'm surprised at how flexible you are during the kickstarter, but then I'm guessing that's part of the reason they've been as successful as they've been. Also, I'm betting on a fast first day.

I'm kind of hoping that Mrs. Bones comes on a display base like the artwork with Mr. Bones hiding behind her. :-D

I love the behind the scenes too. I would love to be part of the team and help to bring this Monster to life.

But then again, I love surprises and the excitement of new stretch goals and stuff. 

• Like 6

And I like to apologize in advance, because my budget this year is very limited.

Last march I bought a house (I needed more space to my 20 minis), and my wife made me live with a "allowance" for my men stuff (most related to ice cream and miniatures). I get 100 moneys each month. When I heard of BONES 3, I started save all my money for this, and managed to keep 22 moneys from april, and every buck from the next months. So, when the Credit Card bill arrives, I will have 422 Brazilian moneys in my pig bank.

But now I need 3.5 Brazilian moneys to buy 1 american dollar. So I will have to pledge 120 dollars and hope that the pledge manager will be open for many, many, many months (28.57 dollars to spend each of these months).

:down:

• Like 12

I really enjoyed the last two KS. But I also recently purchased an abode and have not painted a single one of KSII's plethora of minis.  

I'll watch this eagerly, and I expect that I will get sucked in, but I really shouldn't spend as much as last time. I do love watching new things get unlocked and added though. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the last two KS. But I also recently purchased an abode and have not painted a single one of KSII's plethora of minis.  

I'll watch this eagerly, and I expect that I will get sucked in, but I really shouldn't spend as much as last time. I do love watching new things get unlocked and added though. 

You've got more than 3 weeks to get some Bones II painted... Get on it! ^_^

• Like 7