Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I think of things lacking in Bones, a wild boar, medium sized, scores very high. For people in the US a typical wilderness random encounter is a bear, but for us from western Europe it is a wild boar, or worse, a herd of them. A herd of boar in pewter is way to expensive, so we need them in Bones.

Mountain lion is also a fairly common random encounter in large parts of the US.

But yeah a herd of angry boars would be great! Stampeding cattle would also be fun, for all the western minis.

• Like 3

I'm not trying to be dismissive, by the way. I just wanted people to see that there's a lot of things to think about when we create something new.

But I'd like to point out one other difficult thing with the clears. Detail. Man it can be hard to see the detail on the translucent models, people have a hard time with the rotting corpses in the base of the Gelatinous Cube, for example. They'll be hard to shoot, and hard at the table to see the detail.

They'll look hella cool when you're sneaking into the keep though...

There are rotting corpses on the Gelatinous Cube???!!?!?!?!?

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be dismissive, by the way. I just wanted people to see that there's a lot of things to think about when we create something new.

But I'd like to point out one other difficult thing with the clears. Detail. Man it can be hard to see the detail on the translucent models, people have a hard time with the rotting corpses in the base of the Gelatinous Cube, for example. They'll be hard to shoot, and hard at the table to see the detail.

They'll look hella cool when you're sneaking into the keep though...

There are rotting corpses on the Gelatinous Cube???!!?!?!?!?

not so much rotten as in the process of being digested over a thousand years...no wait, that's Sarlacs....but yes there are corpses

• Like 4