Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add-on sprues with capes and extra headgear, equipment, etc. for customization.

I'll settle for add-on sprues of weapons and/or new heads. Bones is so versatile, why not a batch of extra heads with and without helmets?

Heck, with people asking for more races like dragonborn, tieflings/hellspawn, warforged, etc... New heads that can be added on would be a great way to change a mini's race without a lot of hassle for bones figures.

Edited by RouterMike
  • Like 4

I'd like to see a basic vehicle suitable for scifi or post apocalyptic use.

Something about the size of the Container mini from Bones II.

Ideally it would have side panel options that could be glued on (like the top of the container can on that mini) for variety of appearance and/or functionality. Hopefully that would require fewer molds and a lower production cost than making several different unique vehicles would.

Making some separate heavy weapons platforms, like laser cannons, plasma guns, etc, that could be used on their own with infantry but easily modified to put on the previously requested vehicle, might make such kits versatile enough to justify creating.

So yeah, if Reaper were to do that, then I'd say we're square on you guys getting me a birthday present this year. ::):

:;):

• Like 6

I'd like to see a basic vehicle suitable for scifi or post apocalyptic use.

Something about the size of the Container mini from Bones II.

Ideally it would have side panel options that could be glued on (like the top of the container can on that mini) for variety of appearance and/or functionality. Hopefully that would require fewer molds and a lower production cost than making several different unique vehicles would.

Making some separate heavy weapons platforms, like laser cannons, plasma guns, etc, that could be used on their own with infantry but easily modified to put on the previously requested vehicle, might make such kits versatile enough to justify creating.

So yeah, if Reaper were to do that, then I'd say we're square on you guys getting me a birthday present this year. ::):

:;):

Yes! The optional extras could even be made in metal, like GW used to do with their tank variants.

• Like 1

What I think BONES 3 will have:

Core set with some heroes, many villains and animals.

Followed by a add on with a amazing Huge creature

Paints

Dungeon Decour

New Dragons!

Pathfinder minis

Chronoscope minis

Terrain!

A new Sophie

Mr. and Mrs. Bones

Tianot

New Sci-fi options

New Old West options

Cavalry

Giants

Demons/Devils

and many great miniatures (and bigatures) that will make everyone say: Ohh, I love/hate this one! Congratulations/Darn!

• Like 5

What I think BONES 3 will have:

Core set with some heroes, many villains and animals.

Followed by a add on with a amazing Huge creature

Paints

Dungeon Decour

New Dragons!

Pathfinder minis

Chronoscope minis

Terrain!

A new Sophie

Mr. and Mrs. Bones

Tianot

New Sci-fi options

New Old West options

Cavalry

Giants

Demons/Devils

and many great miniatures (and bigatures) that will make everyone say: Ohh, I love/hate this one! Congratulations/Darn!

That sounds about right. But a vehicle or two (1 sci-fi  & 1 fantasy) would be great.

• Like 3

Add-on sprues with capes and extra headgear, equipment, etc. for customization.

I'll settle for add-on sprues of weapons and/or new heads. Bones is so versatile, why not a batch of extra heads with and without helmets?

Heck, with people asking for more races like dragonborn, tieflings/hellspawn, warforged, etc... New heads that can be added on would be a great way to change a mini's race without a lot of hassle for bones figures.

What would be the advantage of Bones heads over metal heads?  Isn't that a case where the lower costs of mold making are more important than the lower cost of materials?

Edited by lowlylowlycook

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to be more excited about tianot or Sophie...

The answer you're looking for is yes.

I'm calling them a matched set.  ::P:

Dear Reaper, all your giants will be mine! Just pleeeeeeeease don't put one solitary giant in another mixed set (like the stone giant from Bones II). Many of us need multiple copies of giants and having them stuck in a mixed pack is pretty disappointing. It was great to be able to get multiple sets of hill giants though. That's doing it right. ^_^

You do understand that we don't actually want you get everything you need via Kickstarter? That we want you to make purchases after the project is over?

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to be more excited about tianot or Sophie...

The answer you're looking for is yes.

I'm calling them a matched set.  ::P:

Dear Reaper, all your giants will be mine! Just pleeeeeeeease don't put one solitary giant in another mixed set (like the stone giant from Bones II). Many of us need multiple copies of giants and having them stuck in a mixed pack is pretty disappointing. It was great to be able to get multiple sets of hill giants though. That's doing it right. ^_^

You do understand that we don't actually want you get everything you need via Kickstarter? That we want you to make purchases after the project is over?

In what universe would that actually be a problem? We're collectors. Keep putting stuff out, and we'll keep buying!! :-D

• Like 4

I do wonder if there are any Bones so far that have been significantly underselling.

Given the constant "out of stock" status in the Reaper store and my FLGS I seriously doubt it.  ::D:

• Like 3