Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup! lovin the 8 bit graphics feel...  I am sure I have paddle controllers around here somewhere.... so I can play along...

That's good, because we're using that 8-bit theme in more than one place.

I will probably have to pull out my 8-bit ties...

• Like 1

I kinda would have preferred the nekkid version of the pack donkey as it would have been easier to convert by adding various crates/sacks/weapons to it. Thankfully with the softness of Bones it shouldn't be too hard to do with this one.

It'll do. It'll do.

• Like 10

I got quite a few minis in the core set of Bones II that I already had bought in Pewter, which was sad, but I'm just planning on head-swaps and such to differentiate them.

As of right now, *I* don't actually own any of the minis in Bones III's core set, but two of them have been used as PCs (or are currently being used) and one of them was on my general wishlist, so that's nice. I'll throw a bunch of money at it right off the bat, even though I might not go for the Core when it comes time to manage my pledge, just to help rapidly start getting towards stretch goals.

• Like 5

I kinda would have preferred the nekkid version of the pack donkey as it would have been easier to convert by adding various crates/sacks/weapons to it. Thankfully with the softness of Bones it shouldn't be too hard to do with this one.

It'll do. It'll do.

wouldn't it just be easier to get the nativity donkey?

• Like 5

I'll throw a bunch of money at it right off the bat [...] just to help rapidly start getting towards stretch goals.

My plan as well.

Now, what percentage of my monthly income is a reasonable number? Everyone should pledge that times 20. Goblin math and all that...

• Like 5

Loving the snake, the donkey, and the dog. Also really pleased to see some ladies wielding things other than swords/staves. Still a bit too many sword wielders and a few extra/unnecessary dual wielders, but overall I am happy that the character selection is evening out a little more. It's probably hard for those of us on the forums with likely 2 core sets already from Bones I and II to get too excited about another core set, but so far I am really liking it and looking forward to more reveals and the kickstarter itself.

• Like 1

I looked at the core 30 preview and thought, "Man, this doesn't seem like much compared to what I got in my Bones 2 core set."

I had to mull it over for a while before I remembered that the core set gets expanded.

It's been too long, Reaper.  I've almost forgotten how to Kickstarter.

• Like 15

I looked at the core 30 preview and thought, "Man, this doesn't seem like much compared to what I got in my Bones 2 core set."

I had to mull it over for a while before I remembered that the core set gets expanded.

It's been too long, Reaper. I've almost forgotten how to Kickstarter.

Other people don't go to the previous Kickstarters on a regular basis and reminisce about when the projects were live? That isn't normal?
  • Like 12

It'll do. It'll do.

wouldn't it just be easier to get the nativity donkey?

But it's metal and so more expensive. That's why I wanted that nekkid nativity version in Bones.

• Like 6

It's been too long, Reaper.  I've almost forgotten how to Kickstarter.

Using goblin math. You get 20* minis in the teaser core, and a bonus 20* minis. For a total of 20*. If you divide the base pledge by 20*, you're still saving a ton over retail, not counting stretch goals and add ons. ::P:

I don't know how much I wanna throw at it off the bat though..

• Like 8

I think Reaper's going to have a great first day. It sounds like several of us are planning to go in with a few hundred, before we even know what the expansions and add-ons will be. More power to them and us. I hope this one gets knocked out of the park on the first day too.

• Like 4

Sadly we'll never recapture the garage sale feel of Bones I, when Reaper was selling off the entire contents of Reaper Towers. Pirate flags, Bryan's socks, Lady Storm's ability to forgive.

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 17