Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

I'm hoping for dragons of various sizes. Everything from small to colossal (by D&D standards) would be great. So, 1"x1" bases to 6"x6" bases. I have a kobold character who "transforms" into a dragon, and he should be able to manage at least 4"x4" by the time we finish the campaign.

And the 2" x 2" is probably the hardest to find.

Edited by Florin
  • Like 4

The 24 bonus figures I want: (assuming 4 each of 6 sculpts)
1.) Spirit

2.) Townsfolk Rioter

3.) Lizardman Spearman

4.) Scorpion Vermin

5.) Harpy

6.) Mummy Warrior

I made that list before seeing this:

Hey Bryan,

I saw that the bonus 24 are all new (Yay!), but will there be packs of Bones 2 models in encounter size groups as add ons or stretch goals?

Now... do I do the stuff I'm supposed to do... or spend another hour speculating on what they could be....

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 7

I'd be happy if the newly minted lizard men made it into the mix.  I'd love to put together a few packs of all four sculpts, just not at tin prices.

• Like 5

Thank you very much for the preview pics!   ::D:

Okay I'm excited for the Foo Dog, the Giant Cobra (can we say Aladdin diorama?), and the pack donkey.  Anything I already have in metal can easily go to the melt bin if I won't have need of them prior to fulfillment.

BTW that Giant Cobra?  It could make for a very nice Reptus unit!

I think it would be a good mini for CAV's to face off against!

• Like 2

Thank you very much for the preview pics!   ::D:

Okay I'm excited for the Foo Dog, the Giant Cobra (can we say Aladdin diorama?), and the pack donkey.  Anything I already have in metal can easily go to the melt bin if I won't have need of them prior to fulfillment.

BTW that Giant Cobra?  It could make for a very nice Reptus unit!

I think it would be a good mini for CAV's to face off against!

OOh!  Yeah!

Now part of me wants to paint up a sprue of light infantry to look like the Power Rangers!

• Like 3

Sadly we'll never recapture the garage sale feel of Bones I, when Reaper was selling off the entire contents of Reaper Towers. Pirate flags, Bryan's socks, Lady Storm's ability to forgive.

Yeah, not to mention oversized Kaladrax for $10!

• Like 6

I hope the 24 bonus figures are female version of some of the other bonus figures we've gotten as "hordes of".  Tre Manor lady-orcs, some female gnolls and bugbears (I can never have enough Reaper bugbears.  I love those sculpts!)

I doubt anything from Bones 2 makes it in (unless there were QA issues).

It's been confirmed that any bones 1 or 2 resculpts will be done out of the standard operating budget, not with kickstarter money.

• Like 5

Someone should animate this gif, to the final countdown

(and the the Blue Screen of Death and the end of civilizations when all internet crashes. :wow: )

You are a cruel man...

I hope the 24 bonus figures are female version of some of the other bonus figures we've gotten as "hordes of".  Tre Manor lady-orcs, some female gnolls and bugbears (I can never have enough Reaper bugbears.  I love those sculpts!)

I doubt anything from Bones 2 makes it in (unless there were QA issues).

It's been confirmed that any bones 1 or 2 resculpts will be done out of the standard operating budget, not with kickstarter money.

Female figures would be awesome, but my comment about QA issues stems from me speculating on what this means:

Hey Bryan,

I saw that the bonus 24 are all new (Yay!), but will there be packs of Bones 2 models in encounter size groups as add ons or stretch goals?

There may be ways in which previously introduced models are redeveloped for this project, but some of those are speculative

So I am speculating on something that is speculative... :lol:

• Like 2

lady-orcs, some female gnolls and bugbears.

Good idea!  Someone has to take care of the children and make the sandwiches.  :devil:

(Though I think the only way to tell a gnoll's gender is to pick it up and look at the backside, right?)

• Like 2

I am very glad everybody likes the donkey. I have been campaigning for it during Bones 2 up to the point where my KS avatar still shows a donkey (and a dwarf, for size comparison), so a bit proud the campaign worked. Some other guy, I think Sirthiriel, then changed his/her avatar to Tiamat and now is up for the title " most succesful Bones lobby ever". So learn from this and let your avatar show your desire (yes, I still have to do something about my avatar here, but well, it's not my turn to campaign after getting my wish).

• Like 3

Last Kickstarter the Stretch Goals wasn´t posted fast enough to keep up to the pledges we did. I think we did 1.000.000 dollars pledged in less than three hours. 

Wasn´t too much a trouble as we were cheering with the start of a new project. But I recall there was some complains about it.

We did $1,000,000 in under 24 hours, which was 20 stretch goals.  We went through the first 3 goals in 10 minutes and even though we had everything pre-typed, I couldn't copy-paste fast enough.  It took me 4 hours before I posted a SG on time, I got so far behind.

I'm working on pre-typing things out now, and have the first 500K done already, but the fact is there is an upper limit to how fast I can copy paste (you can't pre-save updates) and how fast I can post new maps, new Core graphics, and new goal images.  It takes about 30 seconds to upload each new map, and then once uploaded I have to hit save, so the overall process is nearly a minute. Updating the Home Page takes about 4 minutes. Pasting Update Text, then uploading each of the images takes about 3 minutes. So each update takes me up to 7 minutes.  THEN I have internal documents to mark for tracking. This takes another 3-4 minutes. During the initial flurry of Bones II, that was long enough that by the time I had the internal spreadsheet updated with "hit time" and marked with the correct indicators of which images were live, and so on, that I was typically 3 goals behind and by the time I figured out I could post all 3 goals in one go, we'd have hit the next goal, so I'd still be behind.

SO if Bones III takes off as fast, or within 10-20% as fast, YES I can guarantee you that I will get behind in goal and update posting. It is not an automated system, it is something I do manually every time, and am forced to do so manually due to Kickstarter's architecture.

Unless it's a human/elf/halfling, I generally presume that the sexual characteristics of the creature are such that a mini could really go either way and I'd never know. 

Like Serendipity says in Dogma: What, these? You should know better than anybody at this table that *mammary glands* don't make the woman.

• Like 3