Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We did $1,000,000 in under 24 hours, which was 20 stretch goals.  We went through the first 3 goals in 10 minutes and even though we had everything pre-typed, I couldn't copy-paste fast enough.  It took me 4 hours before I posted a SG on time, I got so far behind.

I'm working on pre-typing things out now, and have the first 500K done already, but the fact is there is an upper limit to how fast I can copy paste (you can't pre-save updates) and how fast I can post new maps, new Core graphics, and new goal images.  It takes about 30 seconds to upload each new map, and then once uploaded I have to hit save, so the overall process is nearly a minute. Updating the Home Page takes about 4 minutes. Pasting Update Text, then uploading each of the images takes about 3 minutes. So each update takes me up to 7 minutes.  THEN I have internal documents to mark for tracking. This takes another 3-4 minutes. During the initial flurry of Bones II, that was long enough that by the time I had the internal spreadsheet updated with "hit time" and marked with the correct indicators of which images were live, and so on, that I was typically 3 goals behind and by the time I figured out I could post all 3 goals in one go, we'd have hit the next goal, so I'd still be behind.

SO if Bones III takes off as fast, or within 10-20% as fast, YES I can guarantee you that I will get behind in goal and update posting. It is not an automated system, it is something I do manually every time, and am forced to do so manually due to Kickstarter's architecture.

Hmm... I'm beginning to suspect that Reaper HQ Bones Kickstarter Central Command may not look quite how I imagined it.

Less like this...

photo_zps2b565085.jpg

And more like this...

photo_zpsf5eb4d4b.jpg

Seriously Bryan, always remember that we here support and appreciate all the hard work that you and the ReaperPeeps do!

We know you can do this!

(Even though it might lead to sleepless nights, ulcers, and an elevation in blood pressure)

• Like 18

Would anybody like to have the Bones III Kickstarter Avatars and Sig Banners early?

We've finished those elements and I think I could persuade TPTB to let me leak those a few days early.

Sounds like a good time to bling up some signatures!

• Like 5

Would anybody like to have the Bones III Kickstarter Avatars and Sig Banners early?

We've finished those elements and I think I could persuade TPTB to let me leak those a few days early.

me me me me me me ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

• Like 8

We did $1,000,000 in under 24 hours, which was 20 stretch goals.  We went through the first 3 goals in 10 minutes and even though we had everything pre-typed, I couldn't copy-paste fast enough.  It took me 4 hours before I posted a SG on time, I got so far behind.

I'm working on pre-typing things out now, and have the first 500K done already, but the fact is there is an upper limit to how fast I can copy paste (you can't pre-save updates) and how fast I can post new maps, new Core graphics, and new goal images.  It takes about 30 seconds to upload each new map, and then once uploaded I have to hit save, so the overall process is nearly a minute. Updating the Home Page takes about 4 minutes. Pasting Update Text, then uploading each of the images takes about 3 minutes. So each update takes me up to 7 minutes.  THEN I have internal documents to mark for tracking. This takes another 3-4 minutes. During the initial flurry of Bones II, that was long enough that by the time I had the internal spreadsheet updated with "hit time" and marked with the correct indicators of which images were live, and so on, that I was typically 3 goals behind and by the time I figured out I could post all 3 goals in one go, we'd have hit the next goal, so I'd still be behind.

SO if Bones III takes off as fast, or within 10-20% as fast, YES I can guarantee you that I will get behind in goal and update posting. It is not an automated system, it is something I do manually every time, and am forced to do so manually due to Kickstarter's architecture.

Hmm... I'm beginning to suspect that Reaper HQ Bones Kickstarter Central Command may not look quite how I imagined it.

Less like this...

photo_zps2b565085.jpg

And more like this...

photo_zpsf5eb4d4b.jpg

Seriously Bryan, always remember that we here support and appreciate all the hard work that you and the ReaperPeeps do!

We know you can do this!

(Even though it might lead to sleepless nights, ulcers, and an elevation in blood pressure)

Nah. Looks like this

strangelove_warroom_blue.jpg

Less like this...

photo_zps2b565085.jpg

And more like this...

photo_zpsf5eb4d4b.jpg

We know you can do this!

Nah. Looks like this

strangelove_warroom_blue.jpg

o_o Who get's to play Doctor Strangelove?

LADY ORCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoard o' Bragas: (from Rat Queens*)

STK661301.jpg

*If you don't read Rat Queens yet...you should read Rat Queens.

I LVOE THAT HALF ORC!!!

• Like 6