Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

I kinda would have preferred the nekkid version of the pack donkey as it would have been easier to convert by adding various crates/sacks/weapons to it. Thankfully with the softness of Bones it shouldn't be too hard to do with this one.

It'll do. It'll do.

wouldn't it just be easier to get the nativity donkey?

UL donkey stretch goal! Wut, wut!

I'll throw a bunch of money at it right off the bat [...] just to help rapidly start getting towards stretch goals.

My plan as well.

Now, what percentage of my monthly income is a reasonable number? Everyone should pledge that times 20. Goblin math and all that...

Everyone's initial pledge should be twenty hundred percent of monthly income. What? It's what I'm doing.

I looked at the core 30 preview and thought, "Man, this doesn't seem like much compared to what I got in my Bones 2 core set."

I had to mull it over for a while before I remembered that the core set gets expanded.

It's been too long, Reaper. I've almost forgotten how to Kickstarter.

Other people don't go to the previous Kickstarters on a regular basis and reminisce about when the projects were live? I'm not normal?

FTFY. Look around. You're in good company... ;p

I kinda would have preferred the nekkid version of the pack donkey as it would have been easier to convert by adding various crates/sacks/weapons to it. Thankfully with the softness of Bones it shouldn't be too hard to do with this one.

It'll do. It'll do.

wouldn't it just be easier to get the nativity donkey?

But it's metal and so more expensive. That's why I wanted that nekkid nativity version in Bones.

What day is it? UL donkey day!

I think Reaper's going to have a great first day. It sounds like several of us are planning to go in with a few hundred, before we even know what the expansions and add-ons will be. More power to them and us. I hope this one gets knocked out of the park on the first day too.

Srsly. They better have a laundry list of stretch goals ready to go when they launch. And no food or potty breaks for Space Popes. He gets two buckets. One for food and he'd better hope he doesn't get confused... ;p

Sadly we'll never recapture the garage sale feel of Bones I, when Reaper was selling off *snip* Lady Storm's ability to forgive.

Tragic. So tragic... ;)

• Like 5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Kickstarter the Stretch Goals wasn´t posted fast enough to keep up to the pledges we did. I think we did 1.000.000 dollars pledged in less than three hours.

Wasn´t too much a trouble as we were cheering with the start of a new project. But I recall there was some complains about it.

We did $1,000,000 in under 24 hours, which was 20 stretch goals. We went through the first 3 goals in 10 minutes and even though we had everything pre-typed, I couldn't copy-paste fast enough. It took me 4 hours before I posted a SG on time, I got so far behind.

I'm working on pre-typing things out now, and have the first 500K done already, but the fact is there is an upper limit to how fast I can copy paste (you can't pre-save updates) and how fast I can post new maps, new Core graphics, and new goal images. It takes about 30 seconds to upload each new map, and then once uploaded I have to hit save, so the overall process is nearly a minute. Updating the Home Page takes about 4 minutes. Pasting Update Text, then uploading each of the images takes about 3 minutes. So each update takes me up to 7 minutes. THEN I have internal documents to mark for tracking. This takes another 3-4 minutes. During the initial flurry of Bones II, that was long enough that by the time I had the internal spreadsheet updated with "hit time" and marked with the correct indicators of which images were live, and so on, that I was typically 3 goals behind and by the time I figured out I could post all 3 goals in one go, we'd have hit the next goal, so I'd still be behind.

SO if Bones III takes off as fast, or within 10-20% as fast, YES I can guarantee you that I will get behind in goal and update posting. It is not an automated system, it is something I do manually every time, and am forced to do so manually due to Kickstarter's architecture.

Maybe just pre-post the first few SGs in the main page to start with. You know we'll hit them like a blitzkrieg, so just put them out there and give yourself time to catch up.
  • Like 10

I am not worried about getting an EB that is less. I am worried about watching the stretch goals fall and seeing what is coming up. If Reaper has clues and a mini-game going on with the map as has been hinted at, then not being able to see the map and play/guess/discuss all that is going on will not be as fun.

As fast as the comments fly by, I suspect guessing/discussing it will be...problematic...

• Like 4

We did $1,000,000 in under 24 hours, which was 20 stretch goals.  We went through the first 3 goals in 10 minutes and even though we had everything pre-typed, I couldn't copy-paste fast enough.  It took me 4 hours before I posted a SG on time, I got so far behind.

I'm working on pre-typing things out now, and have the first 500K done already, but the fact is there is an upper limit to how fast I can copy paste (you can't pre-save updates) and how fast I can post new maps, new Core graphics, and new goal images.  It takes about 30 seconds to upload each new map, and then once uploaded I have to hit save, so the overall process is nearly a minute. Updating the Home Page takes about 4 minutes. Pasting Update Text, then uploading each of the images takes about 3 minutes. So each update takes me up to 7 minutes.  THEN I have internal documents to mark for tracking. This takes another 3-4 minutes. During the initial flurry of Bones II, that was long enough that by the time I had the internal spreadsheet updated with "hit time" and marked with the correct indicators of which images were live, and so on, that I was typically 3 goals behind and by the time I figured out I could post all 3 goals in one go, we'd have hit the next goal, so I'd still be behind.

SO if Bones III takes off as fast, or within 10-20% as fast, YES I can guarantee you that I will get behind in goal and update posting. It is not an automated system, it is something I do manually every time, and am forced to do so manually due to Kickstarter's architecture.

Hmm... I'm beginning to suspect that Reaper HQ Bones Kickstarter Central Command may not look quite how I imagined it.

Less like this...

photo_zps2b565085.jpg

And more like this...

photo_zpsf5eb4d4b.jpg

Seriously Bryan, always remember that we here support and appreciate all the hard work that you and the ReaperPeeps do!

We know you can do this!

(Even though it might lead to sleepless nights, ulcers, and an elevation in blood pressure)

Nah. Looks like this

strangelove_warroom_blue.jpg

so... are you the council man from x-com, or Dr. Strangelove?

• Like 3

Couldn't you just post the first 100k (or 250k or 500k) when the Kickstarter launches? Whatever would give you enough time to estimate dpledge/dt before having to post the next update(s).

• Like 1

Darn, starting time is 1am my time...

Guess I'm not getting a full night's sleep that night...

I kind of wish it was 1am instead of 8am. I am on summer vacation and have been staying up rather late. Bones 3 will actually be the reason I go to bed at a decent hour that night...

• Like 6

Darn, starting time is 1am my time...

Guess I'm not getting a full night's sleep that night...

I kind of wish it was 1am instead of 8am. I am on summer vacation and have been staying up rather late. Bones 3 will actually be the reason I go to bed at a decent hour that night...

Ugh.. I just realized I'm not going to be able to pledge until 10pm EST :( due to work/ school/ exam time.

blah.

I'm gone from 7am until 10pm school days.

• Like 1