Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

I will not be posting the other 24 today. I've moved on to the map for the afternoon.

I cannot tease the map, because we laced it with clues to what the unrevealed goals are. Not everything on the map is a clue*, but there's enough that it might ruin the element of surprise. And as rabidly as this board pounced on the smaller clues in Bones I, and as often as you collectively got them right, We can't risk giving you 14 days to figure them all out.

*in fact, there's more than one deliberately false and misleading 'clue' that's probably more accurately described a what We in the Royal Navy call a "lie".

Which royal navy?

I'm in British royal navy and yes we get lied to lots. In the sense we get told dates for things then it gets changed about a hundred times lol

• Like 3

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to follow Bones I as having one core set and many add-ons, or Bones II which had a couple of 50$ "sets" you could pick in addition to the core ?

On a different subject, I saw that in Bones II shipping was calculated after the KS, based on actual prices. Can anyone tell me what were the final shipping prices for various international locations (specifically for me, Israel) ?

lady-orcs, some female gnolls and bugbears.

Good idea!  Someone has to take care of the children and make the sandwiches.  :devil:

(Though I think the only way to tell a gnoll's gender is to pick it up and look at the backside, right?)

Not if the gnolls are based on Spotted Hyenas (Nature sure is weird!)

These creatures are absolutely terrifying in real life.  I met a couple in an animal rescue zoo once... they were "rescued" after they ate the fool who bought them on the black market as pets.

I probably shouldn't like that as much as I do. But for some reason, I can't help but take an almost sadistic pleasure in stupid people brining misfortune upon themselves.

Bolding mine. That's just rubbing salt in the wounds, Tim. ::):

• Like 10

Is this going to follow Bones I as having one core set and many add-ons, or Bones II which had a couple of 50$ "sets" you could pick in addition to the core ?

On a different subject, I saw that in Bones II shipping was calculated after the KS, based on actual prices. Can anyone tell me what were the final shipping prices for various international locations (specifically for me, Israel) ?

For the first part, last we heard, it will be similar to Bones 2, with a 100$ core set, and then various add-ons and expansion sets. The difference being that the expansion sets may be priced differently (some at 50$, others not).

For the shipping costs, this is even harder to predict since Reaper doesn't have full control over this one. It depends on the size (physical volume), the weight, the final destination (Canada, UK, Israel, Antarctic research station, etc.), the destinations tax/duties on the items according to the nature and total value of the items, and finally the monetary exchange rate from the moment the KS campaign starts and the moment you receive your stuff (Bones 2 was in 2013, shipping was calculated in 2014, shipments were done in 2015). And finally, the shipping companies/governments can decide to screw everyone without warning.

In my case, shipping to Canada, including tax/duties came up to about 22.25% of the total cost. And this is low compared to other international backers. Some had shipping/duties account for over 30% of the total costs.

Edit: Forgot some dollar amounts when calculating my final costs.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4

For the first part, last we heard, it will be similar to Bones 2, with a 100$ core set, and then various add-ons and expansion sets. The difference being that the expansion sets may be priced differently (some at 50$, others not).

For the shipping costs, this is even harder to predict since Reaper doesn't have full control over this one. It depends on the size (physical volume), the weight, the finals destination (Canada, UK, Israel, Antarctic research station, etc.), the destinations tax/duties on the items according to the nature and total value of the items, and finally the monetary exchange rate from the moment the KS campaign starts and the moment you receive your stuff (Bones 2 was in 2013, shipping was calculated in 2014, shipments were done in 2015). And finally, the shipping companies/governments can decide to screw everyone without warning.

In my case, shipping to Canada, including tax/duties came up to about 22.25% of the total cost. And this is low compared to other international backers. Some had shipping/duties account for over 30% of the total costs.

Edit: Forgot some dollar amounts when calculating my final costs.

Thanks for your detailed answer!

I'll be grateful if someone from Europe/Middle-East can post how much they paid for shipping.

There's been a lot of talk about the donkey...what are the important uses of a donkey, or several of them?

- Gear carrying

- Decoy

- Shaky bridge tester

- Trap finder

- Living shield

- Emergency meat source

- Warmth : either by hugging them; being breathed on them; climbing inside their disemboweled body in the winter (and you thought they smelled bad on the outside); low quality fur coat, etc.

- Sacrifice to gods who aren't picky.

- Humorous mount

Endless possibilities!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 15

There has been allot of talk about the donkey because I can find 100 different choices for a horse at heroic scale, but until the metal versions were released last year there were zero different choices. At least from Reaper. And I am a pretty lazy shopper, so I don't shop around much. Figures like livestock and peasants aren't very glamorous, so they tend to get passed over for items that are likely to have a high inventory turnover. Which makes good business sense. That's why I REALLY appreciate when Reaper includes figures that make my gaming environment a richer place to play.

• Like 9