Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

Bones donkey it's also good for a vaguely worded help wanted add in game. "Need adventures to save my.." well, you know

Merchant: "Oh, thank god!  You've come to save my-aaAAAaaccck!"

Cuthbert:  "Ha-ha!  At last we've slain the assassin!"

Lorath:   "Uh... Cuthbert?  We were supposed to save that wandering merchant."

Cuthbert:  "Ohhh.   Ha-ha!  At last we've slain the WANDERING MERCHANT!"

#Adventurers

• Like 14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bryan,

I saw that the bonus 24 are all new (Yay!), but will there be packs of Bones 2 models in encounter size groups as add ons or stretch goals?

I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS WACKY THREAD!  Where does it say the bonus 24 are new?

Back on page 90 or so:

It is a Fomorian, and it is a new sculpt. I think it may be the only new item in the Initial 30. Not to ruin the surprise, but the Bonus 24 this time are NOT from Bones I or Bones II. We're taking a chance and these are all new sculpts. That's why I didn't want to show them. I gotta leave something for July 7 at 9am CDT. :;):

Also note that we are doing Wave Shipping again, but the intention is to fulfill similarly to last time, at an average rate of ~1,200 per day (actually we have been discussing improvements that could increase that...) so a given Wave of 2,000 is less than 2 days difference from the previous and subsequent waves. Assume 2 full days for clarity, and we'll easily pull 2.5 waves per week. As such, while it's super fun to be counted in Wave 1, jockeying for position is less important than it will look on paper, where we're listing a month between like last time, to temper expectations. Also, we gave ourselves longer to fulfill, given our phenomenal on-time track record... :unsure:

Also, the sneaky preview of the core (not including bonus) for anybody who missed it a zillion pages ago:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/61593-reaper-miniatures-bones-3-launches-july-7th/?p=1159213

• Like 6

There's been a lot of talk about the donkey...what are the important uses of a donkey, or several of them?

The ability to place said donkey on the table when asked for a burrito.

But really mostly as the companion/luggage of merchants, wanderers, or heroes.

• Like 7

There's been a lot of talk about the donkey...what are the important uses of a donkey, or several of them?

The ability to place said donkey on the table when asked for a burrito.

But really mostly as the companion/luggage of merchants, wanderers, or heroes.

The Gith fighter in our game has been trying to get the dwarf druid to turn into a pack mule for quite a few sessions now. I think the DM's on board with creating a situation where we end up with so much loot that it will be necessary.

• Like 6

bones3_sig1.jpg

bones3_sig2.jpg

bones3_sig3.jpg

Just a thought.  You may want to add those banners to the first post of the thread. Remembering they are on page 95 isn't going to happen.

Done

As always, you are amazingly responsive to the community! Cheers!

• Like 7

So excited about the 24 bonus figs being new to Bones. Much as I really want 10,000 more Anhurians I also don't want to wait for Bones 3 fulfillment to get all of them. I'm waiting to paint the measly 4 I have until they are joined by all their brethren.

• Like 3

I was playing a level one dwarf and my DM had a lot of loot like "one thousand copper pieces", "ten long swords," etc. While the dwarf's motto was "leave no loot behind". I really needed that donkey (horse too big for dungeon).

Now I DM myself and this sorcerer keeps casting Mount every time he needs a meat shield, confusion or just wants to annoy NPCs. Very undervalued spell, Mount.

• Like 7