Reaper Miniatures Bones 3, Launches July 7th

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the monks(?), anything that can be painted into armed peasants is great. Also unarmed figures in general, there is a lot of time spent interacting with non-combatants in RPG.

This is true, and it is also true that in my games there is a tactical need for village people.  By design it's supposed to be so they need protection from my ravening orc hordes.  In practice, it's mostly because players have a nebulous concept of "good".

• Like 11

Hey Bryan,

I saw that the bonus 24 are all new (Yay!), but will there be packs of Bones 2 models in encounter size groups as add ons or stretch goals?

I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS WACKY THREAD!  Where does it say the bonus 24 are new?

Back on page 90 or so:

It is a Fomorian, and it is a new sculpt. I think it may be the only new item in the Initial 30. Not to ruin the surprise, but the Bonus 24 this time are NOT from Bones I or Bones II. We're taking a chance and these are all new sculpts. That's why I didn't want to show them. I gotta leave something for July 7 at 9am CDT. :;):

Also note that we are doing Wave Shipping again, but the intention is to fulfill similarly to last time, at an average rate of ~1,200 per day (actually we have been discussing improvements that could increase that...) so a given Wave of 2,000 is less than 2 days difference from the previous and subsequent waves. Assume 2 full days for clarity, and we'll easily pull 2.5 waves per week. As such, while it's super fun to be counted in Wave 1, jockeying for position is less important than it will look on paper, where we're listing a month between like last time, to temper expectations. Also, we gave ourselves longer to fulfill, given our phenomenal on-time track record... :unsure:

Also, the sneaky preview of the core (not including bonus) for anybody who missed it a zillion pages ago:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/61593-reaper-miniatures-bones-3-launches-july-7th/?p=1159213

Wow! The Bonus 24 has me slavering. The core set from Bones 2 ended up being the stuff I was most impressed by when I saw everything in person.  I love painting multiples so I am hoping for some fun monster squads.

• Like 1

Would anybody like to have the Bones III Kickstarter Avatars and Sig Banners early?

We've finished those elements and I think I could persuade TPTB to let me leak those a few days early.

I've seen the sig banners. Did any Bones III Kickstarter Avatars appear yet?

The Gith fighter in our game has been trying to get the dwarf druid to turn into a pack mule for quite a few sessions now. 

I've seen druids so disloyal to the party they don't even want the group to have pack mules. 

Also, would people be interested in 8-bit sig files with the sprites of Mrs. Bones and such?

Maybe...

• Like 5

Would anybody like to have the Bones III Kickstarter Avatars and Sig Banners early?

We've finished those elements and I think I could persuade TPTB to let me leak those a few days early.

Bryan posted a set of three of them a few pages back in this thread.

I'm assuming Scorpio made his own.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I think "sig banners" are not the same as "Kickstarter Avatars".

• Like 1

Maybe I misunderstand, but I think "sig banners" are not the same as "Kickstarter Avatars".

I agree. Also, AFAIK they haven't been posted.

Also, would people be interested in 8-bit sig files with the sprites of Mrs. Bones and such?

I'd rather have more previews!

I would be content with a hint or two every day or two. Maybe for the first couple stretch goals? Would give us something to ponder over.

Note: I am already content. ReaperBryan is awesome for teasing as much as he has already!

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 1

We've gotten more this time than the first two combined. Which was nothing. So I'm happy as a lark at this point. Can't wait for the campaign to begin! And I would personally prefer the reveals during the KS. Bones KS3 mainia is just around the corner.

• Like 7