Glitterwolf paints a Ral Partha Hill Troll

Glitterwolf

I had this little fellow primed and in a box for over two decades now.

So finally I decided to paint him.

I had a real nostalgic feeling with this one.

He is a Hill Troll from Ral Partha, but nowadays he would be as big as a goblin or small orc.

Anyway: Hope you enjoy him.

post-13975-0-83120800-1437292791_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-47770400-1437292810_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-19027700-1437292826_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-67146600-1437292837_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-12181600-1437292848_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-38962300-1437292851_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-71215400-1437292863_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-55199500-1437292872_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-24228700-1437292884_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-19433100-1437292897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 20

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job! I like the non-standard (green) paint you went with for his skin. That's something that I'm starting to do, too.

Thx, I got indoctrinated by GW for years, painting all Orcs, Goblins and Trolls green for years.

So why exactly?

Tolkien's Orcs were another colour as were the D&D ones.

So I tried something else here.

Glad you like it.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello and good evening all you Reaper Maniacs!

So here's a few miniatures I've been meaning to paint but just haven't gotten around to them, you know, too many minis, not enough time.  But I did finally get around to these, which are pretty fun,  Squidmen with Goo Guns, sculpted by Tom Meier when he had the company Thunderbolt Mountains.  These are miniatures that his son had designed.  

and here they are as the actual group/blister pack they come in:

Anyhoos, quite enjoyable and reasonably simple to paint, hope you guys and gals all enjoy!

• By Count Urlik
      One of the old school figures I still really love.  I started buying them back in the mid 70s, at Len's Hobby Center in Astoria.  This was a more recent acquisition, from some nice lady down in Texas.  The snowy base was a last minute epiphany

C&C are very welcome.  I'm not too happy with the awkwardness of the cloth - it needed a lot more blending.  I consider it a snapshot of "that time I was focusing on getting more daring with contrast, but without the blending skills to pull it off"!

-t
    • By 72moonglum
      and it's day one after the grand Kickstarter Bones 6 and time to pull my eyeballs away from the ever changing Kickstarter screen and back to my version of reality.

So here's one more figure I've got, painted a couple years back, but once again, as it hadn't been released, never showed him off.  Well, he's out and about in the public, so here he is a very small Dwarves Necromancer, sculpted by Dave Summers three or four years back:

I really like how his face is half a skull and half a living dwarf. It I would have been thinking years back, I would have maybe painted a side of his beard a lot lighter, but oh well, not going to worry about it now.  

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody on the penultimate day of the Reaper Bones 6 Kickstarter!

So here's another figure I've been sitting on for a while, painted it I think already a couple years back but never posted or showed it off because he wasn't yet available.  Well he was recently released over at Ral Partha Legacy, so it's time to show him off!

Back in the eighties, if I recall correctly, Tom Meier sculpted a whole bunch of troglodytes, I think with the Ral Partha/Citadel collaboration back then, and when Ral Partha Legacy had one of their Kickstarters, they re-released those older figures.  A little bit later Tom Meier sculpted this little fellow up, a sorcerer/priest/leader for whatever group of trogs you might end up gathering.  He has a pretty long base so he got stuck on one of their mount bases.  

and kind of funny, now that I start thinking about it, I've been using the only other Partha Troglodyte that I've painted as my avatar:

I might want to change that, I don't feel like an ugly lizard.......

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)