Inarah

Memorial Day Paint Binge Challenge

Cinderella is ready for the party.attachicon.gifIMG_20150525_154135.jpg

And now I need to go start the smoker.

Purty!

...but you're just now startin' the smoker?

I made fatties (home made sausage wrapped in bacon ). They only take a couple hours.

Well we're in to the final hours... who is still painting?

Ooo... that does sound tasty. I had a couple racks of pork ribs smoking all morning and afternoon... and they were tasty. So naturally, now, I want bacon. I blame Inarah.

In other news, it's 7 o'clock local time, and I have to power down for the evening... time to start keeping work hours again. So here's what was left when I turned out the lights:

43b1f304a2af076f76488ddd132f09c1.jpg

1. The Wooden Pirate did not come along as quickly as I'd hoped. He will have to be finished another time.

2. But I did get the other side of the retail shelf done for the 25mm convenience store.

3. Behind the rack, we see the primed Jason Wiebe Tree. Behold, the tree on which I grow my Jason Wiebes, and see you that it is barren. Plainly, I'll have to finish it another time. I ddi make a point of mounting it on a BIG base, to allow for some more pumpkins and perhaps a grave or two...

3.14. Baron Samedi, Hoodoo Lord of the Undead. And now that the picture is taken, I realize I didn't finish his base.

4. The completed Nettling Imp from Heartbreaker's Magic: The Gathering minis set. 

5. Two civilian tokens from the MARS ATTACKS! miniatures game. Perhaps it is a telling fact that most of the women in the game are victory objectives, as opposed to playable pieces... the game comes with cardboard standups for these two, but I splurged for the actual figures.

6. The most excellent new Bones Dumpster, home base for the upcoming Bones Chronoscape Murder Hobos.

7. A caged propate tank rack which will be found out front of the 25mm convenience store.

8. Coin-op video game that will be found in the 25mm convenience store.... "Night Of The Zombies." I'm really quite proud of the cabinet art, but much too ashamed to show it off here...

...Sigh. And now, to turn out the lights. Wish I had another day off... it was REALLY nice having three days and little to do but paint. I've needed this ever since Reapercon.

EDIT: I found Baron Samedi in the metal table at Reapercon a few weeks ago, and thought he'd make a nice little side project. While I was painting him, it suddenly occurred to me that the previous year, I found this voodoo priestess lady, doing a wacky loa dance with a snake wrapped around her shoulders... and in both cases, neither miniature had any kind of maker's mark on the base. What are the chances?

Now I wanna see what I find in the metal table NEXT year...

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 6

Two more ladies completed. Rowena on the left and a DGS Games female bandit on the right.

post-3776-0-18882800-1432603382_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Ooo. Just found my Rowena this afternoon... and I have an idea for a base made out of gears... nice work!

• Like 2

Raging Heroes Lucy is done and so am I.  That's 12 figures.  That brings my YTD to 30 figures. 

• Like 2

Did no painting today. I was just super frustrated at ... well... nothing. Best I can describe it. But, photo fire-hosing behind the spoilers.

Skeletons (6):

skellies%20front_zpseaj0yozq.jpg

skellies%20back_zpsbjomnn2j.jpg

Spiders (2):

spider%20front_zpsfy2kfoei.jpg
spider%20back_zpslqwbbpf1.jpg

Spider Swarm (2)

spider%20swarm_zpsyyglvzqh.jpg

Scorpions (2):

scorp%20front_zpsgncasrgr.jpg
scorp%20back_zpsv96b1wtg.jpg

Beetle (2):

beetle%20front_zpsxyuat3km.jpg
beetle%20back_zpslerjkfa3.jpg

And my favorite of the group, rat swarm (2):

rat%20swarm%201_zps0hohg7x3.jpg
rat%20swarm%202_zpsr2cgulpq.jpg

Sort of bummed the rat swarm didn't photo nearly as well as it looks in real life. But oh well, they're posted!

• Like 7

4. The completed Nettling Imp from Heartbreaker's Magic: The Gathering minis set. 

I have the Dark Ritual mini. I really should look into getting some of the others.

Progress update: I dug into The Bin of Incompleteness and starting slapping paint all over the things.

So, at last, some progress:

IMG_1278Croppd_zps8vjkhqke.jpg

More or less Left to Right:

1. White beard the hedgewizard

2. The Jade Golem***

3, 4, 5, 6. A squad of plastic archers

7. Crookfinger the hedgewizard

8. Muddy the Mudskink (not a cousin of Muddy Mudskipper )

9. A Grumpy plastic wolf

10. Standing on a freshly painted boulder

11. The Jade Skink (he was a the prototype for The Jade Golem)

***Out of this batch of work The Jade Golem turned out best, I think.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8

No  pictures yet (soontm),  but I did pretty ok. Depending on what constitutes 'done' I have a total of 6 or 8 (to me, a figure isn't done until its based):

5 Zombiesmith zombies mentioned earlier

a Crested Felldrake by WOTC

2 old Grenadier figs--a halfling thief, and a dwarf cleric. These 2 are done, but I need to finish their basing.

• Like 2

I painted six squirrels and a stormtrooper

Band name!

• Like 4

Hey, Doc---do you by chance remember who makes the amazon with spear in resin in your first picture?

Well, I'd hoped to have 3-4 hours on Friday night, but thanks to work I only got about 2 hours.

Still managed to get some work done on a couple of Mekkus Aggressor #2s.

They went from:

post-8239-0-09153300-1432645515_thumb.jpg

to

post-8239-0-76748200-1432645362_thumb.jpg

Might try finishing them tonight

And after looking through all the pictures:

1) great job everyone!

2) I want Cylons!!  Where can I get Cylons???

3) I really want to pull out my big case of Clan War golbin hordes and paints some....

• Like 5

...for the life of me, I can't remember about the amazon. I picked her up off a vendor at Reapercon.

But Crooked Dice makes Cylons.

• Like 1

Congratulations to all who got the chance to participate!  My participation was limited to starting my exchange figures and sorting my minimountian of tin from reapercon.  Such is life.  I will eventually remember that the jetlag from west to east is far worse than jetlag from east to west.  Finally back on a normal schedule.  Of course now I have to go back to work ::(: 

• Like 3