Let's talk about paint brushes

I don't think any pro painter uses anything smaller than a 0 in any line.

I don't consider myself to be a "pro painter" by any means, but I regularly use W&N 7s ranging from a #1 down to a #3/0.  They are what works for me.  YMMV.

The Egg

• Like 3
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weekends ago I was wandering around town and actually bought a Games Workshoppe brush from the local store here (crazily enough, there is one in Omaha) and the guy who helped me out said how he thought the brushes were great and sable et cetera, but after only two weeks in the tip has already got small hook in it. It's still usable, but I've got my Rosemary and WN brushes that after a few years still have an almost perfect point. I don't take the greatest care of them either, even though I do rinse them out always.

• Like 3

Two weekends ago I was wandering around town and actually bought a Games Workshoppe brush from the local store here (crazily enough, there is one in Omaha) and the guy who helped me out said how he thought the brushes were great and sable et cetera, but after only two weeks in the tip has already got small hook in it. It's still usable, but I've got my Rosemary and WN brushes that after a few years still have an almost perfect point. I don't take the greatest care of them either, even though I do rinse them out always.

Sounds like you should go back to the store, take your good brushes, and gently and happily educate him. Perhaps he is a painting enthusiast how simply knows no better and this could lead him the right way... suggest this forum too.

• Like 3