maxstyles

2nd Annual 24 hour miniature painting marathon

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the 2nd annual 24 hour painting marathon is fast approaching this July for anyone who wants to test their metal on this.  Its a celebration of all things miniatures!  ANY activity that envolves miniatures is welcome.

This Years Details:

Event: 2nd Worldwide Painting Day

Date: the weekend of July 11,12th (or any other day you can work in during July)

Time: Any time during this weekend (or any other day you can work in during July)

Place: Wherever you are

Who: YOU!

Here are some details from last years crazyness!

Event: Worldwide Painting Day

Date: July 12th, 2014

Time: Any time during this day

Place: Wherever you are

Who: YOU!

The rules are as follows (I added one this year):

1) There are no rules. (they're more like guidelines, really...)

2) Fun must be experienced at some point during your day of creating.

3) Feel free to start and stop whenever you want. Some are challenging themselves to 12 or 24 hour painting binges; this is not required, but let us know if you do this (so we know who the crazy ones are    ^_^ ).

4) post some pictures during the event if you can.  Pictures are fun

This will be the first of (hopefully) many days where we gather together as miniature painters to paint!   :bday: Sculpting, basing, conversion and any other hobby-related activities are welcome as well. :D

The "24 hour" part of the title can either refer to the fact that this will be over a 24 hour period, OR you could take it to mean that you paint for 24 straight hours. The definition is left up to you.   ^_^

The rules are as follows:

1) There are no rules. (they're more like guidelines, really...)

2) Fun must be experienced at some point during your day of creating.

3) Feel free to start and stop whenever you want. Some are challenging themselves to 12 or 24 hour painting binges; this is not required, but let us know if you do this (so we know who the crazy ones are   ^_^ ).

And a link to last year.

Edited by maxstyles
  • Like 7

I feel your pain but remember the focus is on fun.  :;):   I looked at my notes from last year and my most notable quote was "Never do this again...Why would you!"...  Maybe a video blog would be fun this year...

• Like 1

Max, you're going to have to hop on Mumble so you can heckle me...

hummmm, now your asking people to heckle you. I think you make like this sorta thing. ;)
  • Like 2

Put this on my calendar! :bday: And this year, the chances of unexpected family events happening during that time are very low. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Ohhh, hopefully I won't have anything come up. Cannot wait to have a days worth of uninterrupted (hopefully) painting time.

• Like 1

Tears make the best flow improver.

You know I may just do it to heckle you! I'm always down for a good heckle! MUhahah!

• Like 2

Ohhh, hopefully I won't have anything come up. Cannot wait to have a days worth of uninterrupted (hopefully) painting time.

That's the real trick isn't it! :)

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 1

Oh I am ready to heckle for ANY reason.  Its especially fun when you are invited to heckle!

In other news, I'm wondering how to make this even more inclusive for everyone.  Expand it to anytime during the week?  I am open to any ideas.  Maybe we could expand it include our friendly local game stores some how?  I am always looking to put the painting monkey on someone elses back.

Also, it might be fun to commemorate the event some how this year... T-shirts? Ribbons? Badges?  Anyone know an artist who works cheep (by cheep I mean free - ha ha ha)?  Whats your 2 cents worth?

• Like 3

I'm in.  It'll be a good time to finish up anything leftover from my 4th of July weekend paint binge. 

I've got 2 FLGS's that would let me put up posters about the paint day. I even bet that one would stay open for the 24hrs. The bigger one regularly streams on Twitch may get them to broadcast it. 

If we could get official Reaper backing I bet they could let us use some existing artwork for a poster (hint hint)

I'm up for ribbons. (Need to start a spreadsheet to keep track of all the different ribbons and figure out how much a run cost.)

• Like 1

yeah I was scouring the web (instead of working ha ha ha) in order to see what ribbons would cost..  I think that travel time to and from your FLGS counts as time toward you goal. I would have to check with my FLGS to see if they would be interested or were booked for that day.  I would be really cool to get them involved....

Yep sure wish we could get Reaper backing for this. (re-hint, re-hint)